The Rugby Thread

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Re: The Rugby Thread

Post by 404cameljockey »

pharvey wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:34 pm England vs Ireland – Bob hope and no hope for the Lillywhites I’m not sorry to say :wink: :duck:
Thanks for opening your mouth, your halitosis must have been what killed the monkey on our back! :)

Two amazing matches last night, one terrific and one stupendous. I'll leave the post-match analysis to you though, won't steal your thunder.

What with Millwall climbing away from the danger zone going lossless for four, and the ref missing the dynamite in Joshua's glove, it only remains to thank England's cricketers for providing the black comedy entertainment. When it's this bad you can only laugh.

Good luck today, only because 'anyone but France'!

:cheers:
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

PeteC wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:28 am Complete sports overload tonight! :shock: F1 going on the same time as Ireland/England and a variety of Premier League games, plus recovering from the Italy/Scotland upset. I have a headache and need sleep badly. :laugh:
And tie that in with a weekend at "Mam's" for Mother's Day!! Christ..... :D
404cameljockey wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:56 am
pharvey wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:34 pm England vs Ireland – Bob hope and no hope for the Lillywhites I’m not sorry to say :wink: :duck:
Thanks for opening your mouth, your halitosis must have been what killed the monkey on our back! :)
Yes... Bring it on, I deserve it!! :oops: :banghead: In all fairness, a cracking match and it was nice to see SA/Ireland taken down a peg or two. Just a pity it was the Lillywhites who did it, and Marcus "I Simply Adore Myself" Smith winning it with the final kick :banghead: :banghead:

England clicked and their "Rush Defence" certainly worked. Their best performance for a while and they deserved the win - I'd still love to know what "words" were spoken between Farrell and Borthwick at the HT whistle though....

Cracking win for Italy, but I missed virtually all - will have to watch the recording before commenting.... Though I see the Australian, brought up in England, play time with Harlequeens, but born in Italy scored - hell, even the Welsh Scrum-half also scored! :wink:

Going to have to drown my sorrows and have a good night's kip before commenting on Wales vs France!! :cry:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

pharvey wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:29 am Going to have to drown my sorrows and have a good night's kip before commenting on Wales vs France!! :cry:
And before you do, I have to say for the record (after my jocular exaggerations on the football thread :oops: ) that Wales played pretty well for much of the game until they unsurprisingly ran out of steam in the last 15 minutes or so.
:cheers: :cheers:
This is the way
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

dtaai-maai wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:15 pm
pharvey wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:29 am Going to have to drown my sorrows and have a good night's kip before commenting on Wales vs France!! :cry:
And before you do, I have to say for the record (after my jocular exaggerations on the football thread :oops: ) that Wales played pretty well for much of the game until they unsurprisingly ran out of steam in the last 15 minutes or so.
France were hardly the side from earlier in the tournament. Certainly not at their best, but far better than they have been - wholesale changes (8 I believe) and with the likes of Penaud turning up for once this tournament (and turn up he did :roll: ), Wales were doing well to still be in touch with 15 minutes to go! Costello had not done anything particularly well at Fly-half for Wales, but Ioan Lloyd seemed absolutely clueless when he replaced him around the 60 min mark - it was not much different at Scrumhalf with Hardy replacing Williams also at +/- 60 mins. On the whole, the bench just did not work for Wales.... So much for the "we'll tire the huge French forwards out" - a tad difficult when France had 2 sets of them!! :shock: :(

France played the power game which Wales simply struggled to deal with - but we shot ourselves in the foot at times which certainly didn't help matters!!

Certainly can't complain about the result, but will be bitching about certain aspects on the Welsh side for a little while yet... :banghead:

Yes it's a young (and fairly inexperienced) side, yes we're rebuilding.... But come the feck on, we need far more positives than we're getting at the moment. Italy is a huge game for Wales next week make no mistake. There's a few players there, old heads and new that should be a tad concerned over their places (Josh Adams being one of them).

Despite the result, it's good to see France at least enjoying their rugby - and when they do, they will try all sorts..... :thumb:

pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Apologies, I forgot to post the HHF/Superbru League Table after Round 2 - no idea why considering I'm doing so well :roll: I daren't post the 6 Nations Table.... :oops:

Anywho, congrats to PeteC who takes the Yellow Cap this Round :thumb:
HHF-6N-R4.png
HHF-6N-R4.png (143.8 KiB) Viewed 174 times
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

pharvey wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:42 am I daren't post the 6 Nations Table.... :oops:
:P

Probably be a bit better next tournament.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Awwww, poor Pietro. MASS HUG, EVERYBODY!!

As for you, cameljockey, you should be ashamed of yourself. The Pepe of the forum, kicking a man while he's down. :tsk:
This is the way
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

dtaai-maai wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:12 pm Awwww, poor Pietro. MASS HUG, EVERYBODY!!

As for you, cameljockey, you should be ashamed of yourself. The Pepe of the forum, kicking a man while he's down. :tsk:
I know, right? I've always been the one who will say what others only think. Shocking behaviour.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

404cameljockey wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:34 pm
dtaai-maai wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:12 pm Awwww, poor Pietro. MASS HUG, EVERYBODY!!

I know, right? I've always been the one who will say what others only think. Shocking behaviour.
Damn you CJ, DAMN YOU!!

I'm lost for words DM......
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Well I’m not going to stoop to the level that some of my Forum colleagues have, so I’m sending you a gift

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Dannie Boy wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:14 pm Well I’m not going to stoop to the level that some of my Forum colleagues have, so I’m sending you a gift
Whilst I truly appreciate the sentiment DB and hate to be picky..... But that isn't a "Welsh Love Spoon" :roll:
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

... and now I have a vision of some members of the forum spooning ... :shock:
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

pharvey wrote:
Dannie Boy wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:14 pm Well I’m not going to stoop to the level that some of my Forum colleagues have, so I’m sending you a gift
Whilst I truly appreciate the sentiment DB and hate to be picky..... But that isn't a "Welsh Love Spoon" :roll:
I don’t mind admitting that most days I learn something new and today is no exception - I wasn’t familiar with Welsh Love Spoons, so had to look it up Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Dannie Boy wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:02 pm I don’t mind admitting that most days I learn something new and today is no exception - I wasn’t familiar with Welsh Love Spoons, so had to look it up
And fair play for you looking it up :thumb: Love us, loathe us or beat us, there's always a Wooden Spoon! :D

Believe it or not, as per tradition I did carve (or attempt to) a "Spoon" for the LHG.... Not great, but it was appreciated :D - a Wooden Spoon in this case (Wales/6 Nations) not so much!!

pharvey

Post by pharvey »

404cameljockey wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:25 pm ... and now I have a vision of some members of the forum spooning ... :shock:
Different thread CJ, different thread.....