E-books and e-book readers

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Re: E-books and e-book readers

Post by dtaai-maai »

handdrummer wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:08 am
dtaai-maai wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:20 am
handdrummer wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 1:38 am

Alas, a poor assumption on your part.
Do some research before commenting on something that you know nothing about.
You could help by informing us what kind of authors, what kind of books, how many you've read (or published). I'm not being difficult here, but my experience of self-published authors doesn't give me any great expoectations.
If you can't be bothered looking for yourself that's fine. It was just a suggestion and not one you have to take up. I have no idea of the meaning of "what kind of authors," or "what kind of books," and I don't see the relevance of how many I've read. if it's not important to you, don't bother.
You're a bit grumpy, has someone nicked your drumsticks? :D
This is the way
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Yes, I should have mentioned the Tor link, while it does work, takes a loooong time to load. For me anyway. I much prefer the Telegram bot.

:cheers:
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

You guys are too advanced IT wise for me!!!

I have downloaded Telegram as a Desktop on my computer - can anyone carefully tell we in stages what to do to get Zbooks, please
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

PET wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:11 pm You guys are too advanced IT wise for me!!!

I have downloaded Telegram as a Desktop on my computer - can anyone carefully tell we in stages what to do to get Zbooks, please
If you click on this link https://singlelogin.me/ and sign in to your z-library account, now you have Telegram installed, you should be able to go through the steps I put on the previous page. Just follow the links to the Telegram bot.

Hope it works for you.

buksida

Post by buksida »

PET wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:11 pm I have downloaded Telegram as a Desktop on my computer - can anyone carefully tell we in stages what to do to get Zbooks, please
Look on the previous page, there are two sets of instructions. (even technophobe lomu figured it out :duck: )
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

I need a z-library fix. Before I go through the trauma of downloading Telegram, etc. etc. can anyone confirm that this method will still work? Has anyone used it recently?
This is the way
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

^^Belay that. Had a little trouble getting Telegram onto my desktop, but all sorted now and it's working like a dream!
And earlier today, I downloaded quite a few books from Pirate Bay, as I used to do in pre-zLibrary days.
This is the way
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

I know a lot of people on here are fanatically against paying for anything they get off the Internet but I find enough to read off Amazon Prime, I pay for it anyway for the free deliveries so you may as well have the books, movies and music as well, it's only 7.99 Euro a month.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

STEVE G wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:28 am I know a lot of people on here are fanatically against paying for anything they get off the Internet but I find enough to read off Amazon Prime, I pay for it anyway for the free deliveries so you may as well have the books, movies and music as well, it's only 7.99 Euro a month.
Pretty much the same - Amazon Prime gives me free deliveries, Sports (rugby), shows and the odd movie I enjoy. For what I pay (£79.99 per year), I can't argue. I pretty much make it up on postage alone.

Oh, but hey, the E-Books! Quite simple really - software to convert diferent formats, Piratebay to download the books.... All free!

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
buksida

Post by buksida »

dtaai-maai wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:59 pm I need a z-library fix. Before I go through the trauma of downloading Telegram, etc. etc. can anyone confirm that this method will still work? Has anyone used it recently?
Yep, used it yesterday to grab a couple more.

I wouldn't baulk at a subscription of some kind but have yet to find one that fulfills all of my needs so am grateful for things like Z-lib. Amazon doesn't work in Thailand.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Z-library's gone from Telegram now 'due to copyright infringement'. Bugger.
This is the way
londongeorge

Post by londongeorge »

I managed to download some books this morning from ZLibrary using TOR Browser.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

^^Lifesaver, thanks much!
This is the way
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Looking at the wikipedia entry for zlibrary, I came across Anna's Archive as an alternative.

Have just downloaded one book from there but have had no success afterwards although I haven't spent much time on the site. At first glance, the library seems extensive and says it incorporates zlibrary as well as other sources.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

lomuamart wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:40 pm Looking at the wikipedia entry for zlibrary, I came across Anna's Archive as an alternative.

Have just downloaded one book from there but have had no success afterwards although I haven't spent much time on the site. At first glance, the library seems extensive and says it incorporates zlibrary as well as other sources.
Tor browser z-library still works fine for me though a little slow, but that Anna's Archive is a great little find lomu. Has worked fine for me for a few books. Always good to have choices.