Which Mobile Phone?

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Which Mobile Phone?

Post by Dannie Boy »

It’s statistical data regarding the lifecycle of phones - I don’t think anyone was telling you one thing or another!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

buksida wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:52 am ...... the older you are, the more likely you are to keep hold of it for longer.
That's the truth. I think I'm on year 5 or 6 with mine now. Older folks aren't working so no need to make a lot of business calls and communications, and they aren't burning it up watching YouTube, TicTok, Facebook. The screens are too small to watch movies, so it basically turns into a talking device and news reader once again. :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Dannie Boy wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:11 am It’s statistical data regarding the lifecycle of phones - I don’t think anyone was telling you one thing or another!!

Believe me, there's always a reason. The guy didn't just wake up one morning and think, wow, I think I'll write a huge paper on the life of a phone, including how much I'll buy perfectly good phones for, and hopefully sell a shit load more phones in the process. It is a brainwashing article. Nothing more, nothing less.

I wonder how many have read that, exchanged their perfectly good phone in for $7, and bought a brand new phone, which will serve them no better than the phone they've just sold for $7.
Championship Millwall - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 21
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

A lot of people also have a lot of money to spend and choose to buy new and expensive phones for no other reason than to show off they can afford it, together with all the other status symbol itemssuch as cars, clothes etc etc etc. And if they have this much money what are we to say what they do with it or not???

YNWA

YNWA
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Big Boy wrote:
Dannie Boy wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:11 am It’s statistical data regarding the lifecycle of phones - I don’t think anyone was telling you one thing or another!!

Believe me, there's always a reason. The guy didn't just wake up one morning and think, wow, I think I'll write a huge paper on the life of a phone, including how much I'll buy perfectly good phones for, and hopefully sell a shit load more phones in the process. It is a brainwashing article. Nothing more, nothing less.

I wonder how many have read that, exchanged their perfectly good phone in for $7, and bought a brand new phone, which will serve them no better than the phone they've just sold for $7.
Well we’re all entitled to our opinions and isn’t it great that we don’t have to agree with each other Image

STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

huahin4ever wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:23 pm A lot of people also have a lot of money to spend and choose to buy new and expensive phones for no other reason than to show off they can afford it, together with all the other status symbol itemssuch as cars, clothes etc etc etc. And if they have this much money what are we to say what they do with it or not??? ImageImageImage

YNWA
That's very true. The expensive phones I posted above were in a shop in the centre of Luxembourg city and by the time you have walked past the windows of Rolex, Cartier, Gucci, Omega, Breitling, Louis Vuitton, Hermes, etc, you might think 2,000 euros for an iphone 15 is the best deal you've seen all day!
buksida

Post by buksida »

The new device is finally set up after a couple of days of messing around, its never easy as you have to log back into all finance-related apps again and mess around with two SIM cards and phone numbers, and both devices.

The biggest issue was the Google account being maxed out. If you have Google Backup switched on, it will take every single photo, screenshot, video, file or attachment sent to you on various messenger platforms, document, and email, and upload a copy of them to your Google Drive, which will rapidly fill up ... then it asks you for money to upgrade. :guns:

There is no way to batch delete photos from it so I've been painstakingly going back and finding photos that date from 2014 on Google Drive (no wonder the 15GB is maxed out). The drive is still 85% full, mainly photos, but it functions now, so I've disabled the auto backup on the new device and will do it manually from now on to a separate Google account.

Now its time to factory reset the old phone and pass it on.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson