Documents required to sell motorbike

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
mafiamind

Documents required to sell motorbike

Post by mafiamind »

I searched for this, so I apologize if this topic has been addressed previously. I just wanted to ask if anyone knew what documents are required (as a foreigner) to sell a motorbike? I have read online that this can vary depending on the province that it is sold. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
buksida

Re: Documents required to sell motorbike

Post by buksida »

As far as I know you just need to sign the green book to release it for transfer - the new owner is the one that needs to take the paperwork to the transport dept.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Roel
Guru
Guru

Post by Roel »

I just sold a bike to a Thai here in Phuket. I needed two forms from the Transport Department. You must sign both but the rest has to be filled out by the Thai buyer. One of the forms has to be signed by two witnesses as well. You can ask any Thai to do this for you. No foreigners, the witnesses must be Thai! You do not need copies of the witness's ID-cards.

Then I handed over the green book with the two forms to the Thai buyer along with copies of my passport (photo page, visa page and do not forget a copy of the TM card). Sign these copies. Use blue ink pen as I had problems before when someone had signed in black. No need for proof of address if you are the seller. In Phuket that is.

Buksida mentions signing the green book. I never did that, so that might be a Hua Hin thing although one might expect the procedure and the green book pretty much nationwide standardized. Keep us posted.
We are all living in 'the good old days' of the future.
buksida

Post by buksida »

I think the form you mentioned with the witnesses is a power of attorney - if so then yes, you need this also as if confirms your intention to transfer the vehicle.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson