'How To' - Requirements for visa extensions etc

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
Teabone

Re: Returning to UK for an extended holiday ...

Post by Teabone »

Hi - I have a retirement visa and have been living in Hua Hin for many years with no major issues regarding immigration. This coming summer I have decided to turn a UK family visit into a grand European tour and expect / hope to be travelling around Spain and Portugal for about 10 weeks this June, July and August. I have not been out of Thailand for such a lengthy period since arriving here 20 years ago. My Visa runs from April til April and I have a multi re-entry permit, so I don't foresee any problems with coming back ... unless I have missed something!
I was talking with a friend yesterday and he said I should notify immigration of my plans, this came as a surprise to me and I was wondering if any members on this board had experience of a similar situation. I would be grateful for any advice if you have. Cheers.
Your a long time dead!
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Teabone wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:23 pm Hi - I have a retirement visa and have been living in Hua Hin for many years with no major issues regarding immigration. This coming summer I have decided to turn a UK family visit into a grand European tour and expect / hope to be travelling around Spain and Portugal for about 10 weeks this June, July and August. I have not been out of Thailand for such a lengthy period since arriving here 20 years ago. My Visa runs from April til April and I have a multi re-entry permit, so I don't foresee any problems with coming back ... unless I have missed something!
I was talking with a friend yesterday and he said I should notify immigration of my plans, this came as a surprise to me and I was wondering if any members on this board had experience of a similar situation. I would be grateful for any advice if you have. Cheers.
You need to first get another 1 year stay extension as you have been doing, and then add a new re-entry permit, which will be good until the due date of your next 1 year extension.
No need to explain anything to immigration.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Teabone wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:23 pm Hi - I have a retirement visa and have been living in Hua Hin for many years with no major issues regarding immigration. This coming summer I have decided to turn a UK family visit into a grand European tour and expect / hope to be travelling around Spain and Portugal for about 10 weeks this June, July and August. I have not been out of Thailand for such a lengthy period since arriving here 20 years ago. My Visa runs from April til April and I have a multi re-entry permit, so I don't foresee any problems with coming back ... unless I have missed something!
As long as you have a valid visa and valid re-entry permit (single or multiple) you should be fine - I’ve been out of Thailand for considerably longer than 10 weeks and never had a problem upon return.

You mention that your visa expires in April so you’ll be renewing that any time soon - at the same time, you could apply for a re-entry permit to cover your forthcoming travel plan.
Teabone

Re: 'How To' - Requirements for visa extensions etc

Post by Teabone »

Thanks Nereus and Danny Boy - I already got those last week, but grateful for the advice :-)
Your a long time dead!
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Teabone wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:37 pm Thanks Nereus - I already got those last week, but grateful for the advice :-)
Nereus’s post beat me to it!!
Teabone

Post by Teabone »

... and your 2nd post crossed with my edit - thanks again :-)
Your a long time dead!
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Re Songkran..... When is the main office closed next week, anyone know?

Not Bluport

TIA

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Songkran starts Thursday so that and Friday are a definite - even if they’re open on Wednesday I’d give it a miss as it’s bound to be busy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Dannie Boy wrote:Songkran starts Thursday so that and Friday are a definite - even if they’re open on Wednesday I’d give it a miss as it’s bound to be busy.

Like you, I suspect the last full day they will be open will be Wednesday

Bloody typical! Wednesday is the first day I'm eligible to renew my visa(45 days before) and I'm always anxious to crack on with it.

But also I'm keying in my 90 day report too, so have to do that by the Tuesday of the next week. They will still be a little busy then methinks

Bit of a pain in the butt. These date clashes will of course will keep on happening to me

Thanks

PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

thecolonel wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:08 pm
Dannie Boy wrote:Songkran starts Thursday so that and Friday are a definite - even if they’re open on Wednesday I’d give it a miss as it’s bound to be busy.

Like you, I suspect the last full day they will be open will be Wednesday

Bloody typical! Wednesday is the first day I'm eligible to renew my visa(45 days before) and I'm always anxious to crack on with it.

But also I'm keying in my 90 day report too, so have to do that by the Tuesday of the next week. They will still be a little busy then methinks

Bit of a pain in the butt. These date clashes will of course will keep on happening to me

Thanks

My Diary has the start on Thursday 13th and through to and including Monday 17th - "Her Indoors" also confirmed this!
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
musungu
Professional
Professional

Post by musungu »

Thanks

Why not do the 90day online it is so easy to do.
Prior Planning & Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

musungu wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:19 pm

Thanks

Why not do the 90day online it is so easy to do.
yes i know(ive done it twice) but i thought i could kill two birds....
becasue of Songkran queues i may 90day online and delay my visit
thanks
buksida

Post by buksida »

Does anyone know if I can do a re-entry stamp at Bluport (never actually been in there)?
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Scout
Professional
Professional

Post by Scout »

buksida wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 9:52 am Does anyone know if I can do a re-entry stamp at Bluport (never actually been in there)?
Yes, you can.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Cheers, saves dealing with the queues and BS at the main office - last re-entry I did there took me almost an hour! It should be doable online as the 90-day crap now is.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson