'How To' - Requirements for visa extensions etc

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
Big Boy

Re: 'How To' - Requirements for visa extensions etc

Post by Big Boy »

Dannie Boy wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:15 pm This morning I did my 12 months extension of stay - normal procedure, visit the bank to get my book updated following a B1,000 withdrawal
LOL, spot the money man - only 100฿ when I do mine. :laugh:
She told me that they needed this s that an immigration Officer can come and check where I live - do they really do this or was it just her trying to justify putting me through the hoops?
It's never happened to me, but I've never been asked for a map yet. I thought that was more for Marriage Visa. However, I've seen them up my Soi a couple of times checking on Farangs living here. Also one of my son's students was late turning up last Friday because Immigration were checking on his father after recently moving home. So yes, they do make house calls.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

They have visited my house 3 times. 2 of the times I was overseas working and they had to settle with meeting my wife. Anyway they already have known for many years my occupation and that I work overseas.

YNWA

YNWA
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

24 years and I've never had a visit and like BB have never been asked for a map.

On another point, I've never done a transaction with the bank to show current date. The bank just puts a 'balance check' and it prints out in my bank book. I've never asked for it as they've done it automatically when producing the letter.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

'How To' - Requirements for visa extensions etc

Post by Dannie Boy »

I once had an application rejected due to there not being a transaction on the day of the statement - I’m now a belt and braces man!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

When getting my letter from the bank, they always insist I make a transaction.

Points 48; Position 20
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Never done it. Never been asked to do it. Bangkok Bank.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Have to provide a hand-drawn map every year (I just copy the same one) and make the bank transaction to update the book on the renewal day every year. Never had a visit though because we live too damn far away and a little 'gift' negates it!
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Very TIT - don't you ever wonder how many versions of the same truth there can be?

Points 48; Position 20
buksida

Post by buksida »

Immigration has been and always will be a world of inconsistency and completely different experiences doing exactly the same things ... as you say, TIT.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I've just looked to see what Bangkok Bank enter in my book. It's a B/F line. Has the same date as the letter and has always been accepted at immigration.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

It will come as no surprise that not every one is with Bangkok Bank - I’m with Kasikorn and they only provide what you ask for, if you don’t make a withdrawal on the day, they only update any previous transactions.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

buksida wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:32 am Immigration has been and always will be a world of inconsistency and completely different experiences doing exactly the same things ... as you say, TIT.
When I was doing my visa renewal there was a (non-Brit) farang doing his. My wife got speaking to his wife/partner and she told us that they had rejected his first application (no idea why), but a “brown envelope” sorted the issue!! So apart from a lot of inconsistency, some things remain totally consistent.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Dannie Boy wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:55 pm It will come as no surprise that not every one is with Bangkok Bank - I’m with Kasikorn and they only provide what you ask for, if you don’t make a withdrawal on the day, they only update any previous transactions.
Of course I know that. However such a simple entry (brought forward) I would imagine any bank could do that if they wanted to.
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

Dannie Boy wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:55 pm It will come as no surprise that not every one is with Bangkok Bank - I’m with Kasikorn and they only provide what you ask for, if you don’t make a withdrawal on the day, they only update any previous transactions.
Same for my husband with Krungsri Bank
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

HHTel wrote:
Of course I know that. However such a simple entry (brought forward) I would imagine any bank could do that if they wanted to.
If they wanted to - obviously you chose the more informed bank!! But it’s no big deal taking out a B1,000 (or in BB’s case 100)Image to keep imm happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk