Indian restaurants in Hua Hin

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
Henry 14th
Guru
Guru

Re: Indian restaurants in Hua Hin

Post by Henry 14th »

Big Boy wrote:I've been reading reports that Kwality has re-opened in Soi 94 near Space Condo. They used to do a decent meal when they were just behind 94 before. Will hopefully give them a try tomorrow or Sunday.
I always thought the food at Kwality was the best in town. It was the restaurant next to the horse stables that put me off.

If To y has found a better location and he keeps the food standard to what it was, it’ll be a really good offering for indian food in HH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Big Boy wrote:I've been reading reports that Kwality has re-opened in Soi 94 near Space Condo. They used to do a decent meal when they were just behind 94 before. Will hopefully give them a try tomorrow or Sunday.
I heard about this too, didn't know it was called Kwality tho

Surprised someone hasnt opened an Indian in main Soi 94(between Phetkasem and Initial hotel) especially near Wonderland.

Maybe the demand for it is not as big as I perceive it to be

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

thecolonel wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 3:50 pm Surprised someone hasnt opened an Indian in main Soi 94(between Phetkasem and Initial hotel) especially near Wonderland.

Or maybe there is an all year demand for indian foods by expats elsewhere in Hua Hin, who aren't based around 88/94? Atcha and Mukti are prime examples.

Besides, wasn't S&S in soi94?
Talk is cheap
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

caller wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:42 pm
thecolonel wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 3:50 pm Surprised someone hasnt opened an Indian in main Soi 94(between Phetkasem and Initial hotel) especially near Wonderland.

Or maybe there is an all year demand for indian foods by expats elsewhere in Hua Hin, who aren't based around 88/94? Atcha and Mukti are prime examples.

Outside of the (shorter and shorter) busy season, they’re aren’t enough customers to support more Indian restaurants, so it’s going to be difficult to share the demand around so that they all survive!!
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

caller wrote:

No it was on Phetkasem Road opposite the end of 94, difficult to get to and doesn't get any of the other pedestrian traffic that all of the other places on 94 get. Different pitch altogether.

I think Mukti and Atcha target the high spend expat who live out that way

I thought the beer drinkers on prime 94 might fancy a curry. Maybe not

Henry 14th
Guru
Guru

Post by Henry 14th »

S&S used to be on Soi 94 before it moved over the road. It was a busy spot when it was on 94, not sure now in the new location.

Atcha is always busy, it’s great food for a reasonable price and remains the best in town IMO…for the time being at least.

joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

thecolonel wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:32 pm
caller wrote:

No it was on Phetkasem Road opposite the end of 94
Still is but before moving to petchkasem it was in soi 94
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

joelle wrote:
caller wrote: Or maybe there is an all year demand for indian foods by expats elsewhere in Hua Hin, who aren't based around 88/94? Atcha and Mukti are prime examples.

No it was on Phetkasem Road opposite the end of 94
Whereabouts? Main section?

Henry 14th
Guru
Guru

Post by Henry 14th »

thecolonel wrote:
joelle wrote:
thecolonel wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:32 pm No it was on Phetkasem Road opposite the end of 94
Whereabouts? Main section?

Next door to morning bread, opposite the G Hotel car park.

caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

I think Mukti and Atcha target the high spend expat who live out that way
Mukti is the more expensive of the two, even with a new, extended menu.

I live out that way. I am about 10 minutes drive south of Atcha. Not sure I know many high spending expats who live out this way? Just ordinary people, from ordinary backgrounds. Property prices tend to be a little lower and offer more VFM a little out of town.
Talk is cheap
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I've noticed when passing over the last couple of days that S & S have a new name. I'm guessing that it's been sold but yet to confirm that.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Kebab discussion moved here viewtopic.php?f=16&t=41627
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I'm just back from Kwality, and the food is still very nice. It doesn't have the ambience of Shiva i.e. plain white walls, but this is reflected in the price per meal, I think Atcha still edges it on food, but these guys are very close contenders. The best bit is they are just around the corner from me. Indians used to be few and far between, but we are now blessed with a few, very good options, very close to home.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
HarryVardon
Professional
Professional

Post by HarryVardon »

We had a meat and a vegatable thali in Kwalati last night. Both were very good and for a good price. I'm glad it's back!
Jack_Batty
Professional
Professional

Post by Jack_Batty »

I finally have had my first visit to Mukti. Wow! Really, that was a delicious experience. We got there just after they had opened for the day. We were there for a little over 30 minutes, and we were the only customers. We received some very attentive and efficient waitstaff.

Kinda bummed that they didn’t have butter chicken, or anything but a potato version of samosas on the menu, but hey, gotta move out of the comfort zone, right? I’m glad I did. We ordered lamb rogan josh, prawn tikka masala, garlic naan, garlic fried rice, and the aforementioned potato samosas. Bottled water was our beverage of choice.

The prawns in the tikka masala were huge and plentiful. They were cooked perfectly. The masala was a little overpowering, but all in all, it was very nice. As were the samosas. The garlic naan was nice, but nothing special about it to set itself apart from anywhere else. In fact, I’ve had better at several other places.

The lamb in the rogan josh was also plentiful and fall-off-the-bone tender. I had never had rogan josh before, so I can’t compare it to anything, but I really liked the flavor. The garlic fried rice was also something I had never tried at an Indian restaurant. To be honest, I don’t know if I’ve ever seen it on an Indian menu. I’m glad I moved away from the usual basmati, because this rice was fantastic. It got even better with heated leftovers the next day.

The restaurant itself is really nice inside. Parking is in the rear, very limited, and it’s a really narrow, gravel drive to get there. Gotta be careful you don’t encounter someone coming the other way, or else someone is going to have to back up. Anyways, great Indian restaurant to give us an option over Atcha. Those two restaurants will be my go-to places from now on when I’m craving Indian food.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk