Hua Hin's back roads

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Hua Hin's back roads

Post by oakdale160 »

It is interesting, 88 to 94, which hd a good connection on the road past railway tavern, now has 3, the one behind MV has been carelessly tarmacked, now the one next to the railway on the west side has a new concrete surface, not too wide. It would be good if a 94 - 102 and 102-112 sections could be similarly treated.
lizzy

Re: back roads

Post by lizzy »

It would be lovely if they did something about soi 88! It is horrible at the moment and not a road to drive on in a small car at night.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Interesting comment lizzy. This is not the first time I've heard this said about Soi 88. Could you expand please e.g. are you saying it would be better in a large car? What is horrible? Soi 88 is a long road, is there any particular stretch of the road that you are aluding to?
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
zeitgeist
Professional
Professional

Post by zeitgeist »

I drove up soi 88 a couple of days ago, the problem area seems to start after Hua Hin Horizon until the court house. Lots of big, deep potholes.
Ropes

Post by Ropes »

The problems with soi 80 start at the beginning and end at the end.
A pig of a road from start to finish not helped by what seems a 25% increase in the number of bikes using it.
centermid7
Banned
Banned

Post by centermid7 »

Getting back to the point of the OP . . .

Those cross roads from 94 to 102 are a real mess after all of the rain. They have flooded out and are almost impassable. Standing water, potholes (both large and small) out the yazoo. There are better suited as a pig wallow. MAYBE if the rains have stopped the road crew will do a little something and smooth them out. They have been known to do this and it does last a while if no rain.

MAYBE . . .

Businesses on 102 have suffered for it TBS. A paved road is what is needed.
lizzy

Post by lizzy »

I was referring also to the section between Horizons and the court house. In a Honda Jazz i have to take great care to avoid the numeral holes on both sides of the road, many are obscured by the puddles and running water. This stretch of road just gets worse and worse. Some attempts have been made lower down the road from the new shop houses to the railway line to fill the holes but within 24hrs most of the gravel has been pushed out and is decorating the road further down! Not a good advert for the new Court House etc.
zeitgeist
Professional
Professional

Post by zeitgeist »

Can't imagine it will get any better anytime soon with construction of Condo88
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

Getting to 102 is difficult, on PK the cross covers have been closed and you have to go to the flyover U turn. Now the back roads are impassible at times and are dangerous, it needs one of the roads to be paved. One is for the first few hundred meters. With the new Bluport construction the more traffic off PK, the better.
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

HH roads are a mess throughout..I see they're putting in a U-turn at the Southern end of Pekky Rd..Why?? This is going to snarl up traffic even more..it's location is only 100m before the U-turn under the fly-over..this U-turn keeps traffic flowing.
As for the roads that go West off Petkasem Rd..many of them are to residential areas..thus they never get maintained or upgraded for some reason.
Soi 88 has been bad for years..car-washes & laundrettes let their waste water p**s out over the road on a daily basis, any patch-ups are equivilant to speed-humps because of all the tarmac they've used FFS, then head off towards the college and it's a mass of bumps & holes, even more-so as you climb out of town up the hill.
It would seem that HH's quota of blacktop/resurfacing has all been spent covering the Klong road all the way towards Cha Am..for the sake of 50+ cars/day & 100+ cows.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

the u turn is much more than 100 y from the flyover, it is obviosly there for the bluport construction
zeitgeist
Professional
Professional

Post by zeitgeist »

Also I don't think its new, previously had barriers to stop U-turns there. I remember some years ago they used to periodically switch between this one being open and the 'Market Village' U-turn.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

The back road alongside the railway from 88 to 94 is now completed, concrete surface, done well , about 6m wide. I wish they would do 94to 102 next.
Big Boy

Re: Hua Hin's back roads

Post by Big Boy »

I came through about half a hour ago, and the barricades were still up. Are sure it's open, or some enterprising Thais have found a way through?
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Hua Hin's back roads

Post by oakdale160 »

As usual there is a barricade, a tractorand pipes but for m,bikes there is a gap. My guess, opening on king,s b,day