Best Instant Coffee available in Hua Hin

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
Groodman

Re: Best Instant Coffee available in Hua Hin

Post by Groodman »

I like Moccona but prefer the Espresso which gives a slightly more bitter taste.
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

buksida wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:31 am Hmmm ... pouring hot water into a cup with instant in it as opposed to shelling out thousands for a machine, cleaning it, messing with filters, refills, beans, powder, etc. (You got me on the aroma though!)

Each to their own, as said I'm no coffee snob and only have one in the mornings. Glad you found the Noble PET (don't forget the weekend nip of rum (any day if you're retired) - makes all the difference!).
VERY pleased to report that Noble Cafe Brazil passed the test,with high martks, for my once (max) a day cup. Perhaps a drop of rum next week!!!
Thank you all, for your help
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
buksida

Post by buksida »

In my ongoing coffee hunt, I found a Thai company called Buddy Dean: https://www.buddydean.com/

Their Papua New Guinea Arabica is pretty good, especially when mixed with a little of the Brazilian. They also do zero-sugar three-in-ones which also hit the spot and are great for camping. We have to get this stuff from Lazada, but it might be available locally in Hua Hin.

buddydean.jpg
buddydean.jpg (37.57 KiB) Viewed 995 times
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

My son says its been in the shops here for a while, so I'll give it a try this weekend.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Bought some in Lotus's this morning. My taste buds say, "Nothing wrong with it," but I don't think I'll be changing my brand.

Points 48; Position 20
buksida

Post by buksida »

What's your usual brand?
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I usually drink Khao Shong.

Points 48; Position 20
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Big Boy wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 12:40 pm I usually drink Khao Shong.
BB, or other respondents, do you drink instant all the time? I've never found an instant coffee I like, in fact when we travel I bring a french press along to prepare my ground coffee beans. I drink it black so that may be part of it.
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
buksida

Post by buksida »

I do pretty much (unless I'm in someone's house that has a fancy machine). As said, I'm no coffee aficionado so just need a quick caffeine fix (I usually add rum to it).
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

buksida wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:39 pm I do pretty much (unless I'm in someone's house that has a fancy machine). As said, I'm no coffee aficionado so just need a quick caffeine fix (I usually add rum to it).
With rum added, I’d have thought that any old coffee would do!!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Just coffee with milk - creamier the better.

Actually, I think I'm getting softer with age. During my working years, it was always black.

Points 48; Position 20
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I like Khao Shong. It comes in so many varieties that I've usually got 2 or 3 different ones at any one time. So easy to switch if you get bored with one.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

buksida wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:39 pm I do pretty much (unless I'm in someone's house that has a fancy machine). As said, I'm no coffee aficionado so just need a quick caffeine fix (I usually add rum to it).
Like you I'm nota aficionado just a couple cups in the morning to get the machinery going, I just use a drip coffee maker ~ 500 baht from Index
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Big Boy wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 12:16 pm Bought some in Lotus's this morning. My taste buds say, "Nothing wrong with it," but I don't think I'll be changing my brand.
An update on this statement. I'm a lazy git, and rarely make my own coffee. My family have been alternating between my usual brand and buksida's brand. I've not noticed the difference.

Points 48; Position 20
Chazz14
Professional
Professional

Post by Chazz14 »

I also like the Buddy Dean (Gold) and Khao Shong.

Two others worth trying are the sugar-free Nescafe Americano and Moccona sticks. They are purely black coffee - no sweetener or creamer added...

(I am currently trying Super coffee from Big C. It's more of a powder than the two above, and makes a thinner liquid - so not recommended).