Tapatalk smartphone app for Hua Hin Forum

Help us improve the forum! Make a suggestion for the board or ask questions here. This area is also for forum announcements.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Coronavirus Precautions/News/Updates for Hua Hin/Prachuap

Post by hhinner »

This is an old problem with Tapatalk. It doesn't like lists.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

musungu wrote:
thecolonel wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 6:21 pm
thecolonel wrote:There is simply a Thai poster nothing else

Sent from my M2007J20CT using Tapatalk
Only explanation I can think of is that your alleged English translation is not on taptalk app(certainly wasn't when I replied as s'shot shows) but is on the Web version???

Anyway, why be confrontational about it especially as its an urgent and dangerous matter. Just state them again

Give it a break please - social media at its worst.
Sorry to those of you posting updates and doing your best and just getting unhelpful replies!!!
Calm down yourself! Social media at its worst? Talk about a gross exaggeration!

Pointing out that I was not able to read an URGENT message is hardly "unhelpful"

It was/is a matter of fact and could easily have affected many others who use the app. So therefore I was in fact being helpful in pointing that out to the poster(Who chose to make an issue of it rather than get the message out first, so was he being "unhelpful" then? ).

It is absolutely the first time I've ever heard of Tapatalk having an issue with the HH forum. I've used it for 5+ years and I've had no cause to believe there was an issue.

Now I know. Have a good evening.

lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

musungu wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 6:26 pm
thecolonel wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 6:21 pm
thecolonel wrote:There is simply a Thai poster nothing else

Only explanation I can think of is that your alleged English translation is not on taptalk app(certainly wasn't when I replied as s'shot shows) but is on the Web version???

Anyway, why be confrontational about it especially as its an urgent and dangerous matter. Just state them again

Sorry to those of you posting updates and doing your best and just getting unhelpful replies!!!
Dead right. Although I don't post on this forum much any more, I am very grateful to those who do and try their best to inform us all of the covid situation. It must be a repetitive and thankless task to try and keep us all up-to-date.

Nevertheless, there are members who can't see the wood for the trees. Who can't get anywhere near the commitment others give and just gripe about small things.

That's it really. No-one has to believe everything that's published but, assuming most of us are adults, we should be able to make out own minds up.

Don't shoot the messenger
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

thecolonel, you must have had many issues, but never noticed. I too used to use Tapatalk, but it was just too incompatible with Hua Hin Forum. I was still living in the UK (>9 years ago) when I realised it was no good, and Admin have since posted many warnings about use of Tapatalk, but people still continue to use it.

That aside, I made a screen dump and posted it so that you could read everything.

I know Tapatalk was helpful when I was using it, but there are many things it does not do. I had to dump it personally because it was useless in Moderator mode. I'm sure they've modified it since, but it still has problems working with Hua Hin Forum. The full extent of the problems, I don't think we actually know. The recommendation has to be disable the app when using this forum, but of course, you may think the pros may outweigh the cons. However, please remember the failings before shouting next time, and look a bit harder. I am not a Thai speaker, and coming up with that translation was not easy, and took me some time. Of course I will react when asked for a translation.

I will say no more on the matter. :offtopic: please.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

lomuamart wrote:
musungu wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 6:26 pm
thecolonel wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 6:21 pm Only explanation I can think of is that your alleged English translation is not on taptalk app(certainly wasn't when I replied as s'shot shows) but is on the Web version???

Dead right. Although I don't post on this forum much any more, I am very grateful to those who do and try their best to inform us all of the covid situation. It must be a repetitive and thankless task to try and keep us all up-to-date.

Nevertheless, there are members who can't see the wood for the trees. Who can't get anywhere near the commitment others give and just gripe about small things.

That's it really. No-one has to believe everything that's published but, assuming most of us are adults, we should be able to make out own minds up.

Don't shoot the messenger
"Naturally I'm going ask as to where those are? (as in a translation anyone?)"

Hardly a "gripe" about an important government warning that I genuinely couldn't read(at the time) . I was naturally and understandably concerned and it was a genuine request and clearly not a criticism

thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Big Boy wrote:thecolonel, you must have had many issues, but never noticed. I too used to use Tapatalk, but it was just too incompatible with Hua Hin Forum. I was still living in the UK (>9 years ago) when I realised it was no good, and Admin have since posted many warnings about use of Tapatalk, but people still continue to use it.

That aside, I made a screen dump and posted it so that you could read everything.

I know Tapatalk was helpful when I was using it, but there are many things it does not do. I had to dump it personally because it was useless in Moderator mode. I'm sure they've modified it since, but it still has problems working with Hua Hin Forum. The full extent of the problems, I don't think we actually know. The recommendation has to be disable the app when using this forum, but of course, you may think the pros may outweigh the cons. However, please remember the failings before shouting next time, and look a bit harder. I am not a Thai speaker, and coming up with that translation was not easy, and took me some time. Of course I will react when asked for a translation.

I will say no more on the matter. :offtopic: please.
BB

1. I wouldn't state I've had no issues with tapatalk if I had had them. Same as saying I can't read the warning notice when I truly couldn't. Why do you suggest otherwise?

2. I did not shout..... at all. I requested a translation in the same way you do sometimes(from the "clever" people)

Subject closed for me too

huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Re: Tapatalk smartphone app for Hua Hin Forum

Post by huahin4ever »

The last couple of days I haven't been able to read the forum with Tapatalk. Has anyone experienced something similar? Has there been made any changes to the interface/forum?
YNWA
buksida

Post by buksida »

Nothing has changed, but the code for the plugin (and forum) is depreciated so may not work as it should.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I’ve been able to access the Forum as normal on Tapatalk.
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

Yes, today it seems to be working again for me too.

YNWA

YNWA
pharvey

Re: The Digital Surgery (computer questions/problems here)

Post by pharvey »

I notice that there's a few on the Forum using "Tapatalk" to access it through their Smartphones/Tablets etc. I've just downloaded it on my Android Smartphone (Galaxy), but must admit to be struggling with it. When I access the Forum on my Laptop, I simply use the "Quick Links" Tab and go to "Unread Posts", "New Posts" or "Your Posts" - none of which seem to be on the "Tapatalk" App. It all seems to be a long winded process to try and access a thread I'm looking for in particular. I've tried the "Search" Function to try and find particular threads but to no avail. Can anybody offer some advice?

Ta Muchly in advance.

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
buksida

Post by buksida »

The Tapatalk software hasn't been updated for several years so it probably doesn't function as it should. I wouldn't bother with it personally but I know some on here do, maybe they can advise.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Thanks buks - will wait to see if there's any response from the experts!! :thumb:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

Works well for me. I mostly use the tab "unread". Then I see threads/posts posted since last time I looked

YNWA

YNWA
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I’m definitely not an expert but I have Tapatalk on my phone that I use and use the unread function to access anything I haven’t already seen. After clicking the app, it opens up and on the top left hand side under “My Groups” I have the “Hua Hin Forum”, click on that and then you have options, New Posts (that I’ve already read), Unread, Subscribed, and Participated.

I’d agree that searching is not that easy, so I mainly only use the Unread or New Post options, and if I want to use any of the search functions, I use a different device.