Thai AirAsia tickets available at 7-Eleven

Sub-forum for discussion on air travel, airports, and airlines.
buksida

Thai AirAsia tickets available at 7-Eleven

Post by buksida »

The ubiquitous 7-Eleven convenience stores have turned into physical sales outlets for Thai AirAsia (TAA) in a partnership that breaks new ground in air ticket distribution.

All 7,800 7-Eleven outlets and 1,500 Counter Service Co (CS) bill payment sites nationwide yesterday began to accept bookings and payments for all AirAsia flights originating from Thailand both for domestic and international routes.

The deal with CS has given TAA a nationwide physical coverage of the market and leverage on ticket sales in a channel not exploited by any other airlines.

Full Story: Bangkok Post
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
blue05
Guru
Guru

Re: Thai AirAsia tickets available at 7-Eleven

Post by blue05 »

can see some mistakes being made here
Paul3456
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Paul3456 »

Probably is best to make your own booking on the Air Asia website and then go to 7-Eleven to pay for the ticket.

This will be great for the times AA won‘t accept a foreign based credit card. That hasn't happened to me in a while, but used to occur all the time.
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

I have been told 3 years ago that you can perchase Nok Air tickets there after having a load of hassle booking online.

Kendo. :cheers:
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Post by Lung Per »

blue05 wrote:can see some mistakes being made here
How can we trust young kids in 7/11 with selling airline tickets when they cannot tell the difference between a chicken burger and a pork burger?

Murphy's Law prevails!

:shock:
A friend is only one click away
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

:clap: very true
Championship Millwall - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 21
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

I can see the point of this sort of marketing in a country where there are large numbers of people who are in the position where they could afford a budget airline seat but they don't have the sort of fixed salary that you need to get a credit card.
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

In 7-11 I tried to buy three sleeves of Winston Dangs 200's and the girl could not understand that I didn't want loose packets even with my wife intervening we still walked out empty handed.
Would I trust them with an air ticket probably not.

Kendo. :roll:
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
ste860
Deceased
Deceased

Post by ste860 »

i dont think they are agents as in booking tickets ,but a convient way to pay for tickets similar to paying electric bills ,when you book online you will be given a referance number and simply go there to pay ,then print your e ticket at home once conformation of payment

a wise/good move by them making it easier for people who dont have cards etc
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

What's a Winston dang??
ste860
Deceased
Deceased

Post by ste860 »

oakdale160 wrote:What's a Winston dang??

a packet/brand of cigerettes in a red packet named winston
Gérard
Professional
Professional

Post by Gérard »

Lung Per wrote:
How can we trust young kids in 7/11 with selling airline tickets when they cannot tell the difference between a chicken burger and a pork burger?

Murphy's Law prevails!

But all young kids can tell the difference between ต้มยำไก่ and ต้มข่าไก่ when most (old) foreigners cannot :D and would be unable to buy an airplane ticket at a 7/11. I think you will have to make your choice first on internet an only come and pay with a due code number, as I did a few years ago, probably with Nok Air.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Lung Per wrote:

Murphy's Law prevails!

My dear Sir, are you able to tell the difference between a 7/11 chicken burger and a 7/11 pork burger? :shock: :laugh:

Jokes aside, its a pity our own countries aren't able to offer such a convenient service. A very wise move if you ask me, and judging from the success of CP and Air Asia, I'm sure the CEOs know what they're doing.

There are lots of Thais here that can afford plane tickets but can't get credit cards, and let's not forget, there are also people who simply don't want credit cards.

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

8. How much time do I have to make the cash payment via Counter Service and how will I get my confirmed e-ticket?
You are required to make cash payment within 24 hours from the time you made an online booking or when you have received your payment reference number via an e-mail
notification. The booking expiry time is displayed when you select the Counter Service option online.
After cash payment has been made, your e-ticket will be emailed to you.

9. Can I make partial payment with Counter Service option?
No, you are required to make full payment as indicated in your online booking.

10. Can I use the payment receipt from Counter Service/ 7-Eleven as my e-ticket for check-in?
No, as that is not our e-ticket. Your e-ticket will be sent to your registered e-mail once the booking is updated after payment has been made.

11. I have paid via Counter Service before, but the option is not there now. How can I make payment using the option now?
You may have selected the flights within (5) days of departure which is not covered by our Counter Service payment option. To enjoy the convenience this service please book flights more than five days from the date of the booking.

12. I have booked and paid for my flight via Counter Service, I would now like to add
baggage/meals/pick a seat. Can I still add this?
Yes, you can, you may go to Manage My Booking via www.airasia.com for these add-ons. However, you will not be able to pay for these add-ons at the counter or via Counter Service; you will have to pay for these additional online purchases using your credit card.

13. Can I book for a flight via the Counter Service?
No, 7-eleven can only accept cash payments for bookings made via our website.

14. Can I make changes to my booking via the Counter Service?
No, you will need to go to Manage My Booking via www.airasia.com to make any changes.

No mention on the Air Asia website about making a booking at the 7 11, just payment options which look pretty straightforward
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
Arlo
Professional
Professional

Post by Arlo »

About 3 or 4 years ago I booked a ticket on the phone with Air Asia. The lady said I could pay with a credit card or if there was a 7/11 near me I could pay cash there. I chose the 7/11. No problems at all. I was very surprised I could do that but in the end it worked just fine.