Suzuki Scooter won't start

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
PAINTER V2

Suzuki Scooter won't start

Post by PAINTER V2 »

Hi I have a 2/3 year old susuki hayate scooter and it's never given me any trouble. I went to a friends house yesterday and after an hour or so went to leave but it wouldn't start no electrical evidence what so ever.
If it was a flat battery I would expect some evidence of dim speedo lights and some starter motor clicking when trying to turn it over, It wouldn't even start with a kick start. Before I go back there this afternoon and start tinkering , I wasnt sure if any one else had a similar problem with there's which may point me in a direction ?

Cheers
jimmy40
Professional
Professional

Re: Suzuki Scooter won't start

Post by jimmy40 »

Maybe main fuse?
PAINTER V2

Post by PAINTER V2 »

Cheers, I hadn't thought of that
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Don't dismiss the battery. It could be as simple as a bad / dirty connection, or the battery could have collapsed internally, with the same result. If it is electronic ignition, as is most likely, then there will not be any spark when you try to kick start it.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

To test above take the spark plug out of the cylinder head leave connected to the HT lead touch against the side of the cylinder turn the ignition on and turn the engine over using the kick start. Their should be a good spark coming from that but some times they can get quite oily or coaked up with a two stroke engine any deposits on their should just be lightish brown residues and not oily, if the plug is covered in oil the bike is running to rich.
That would be the first thing I would try and before putting the spark plug back in I would give it a good clean with a wire brush.

Kendo
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

^^^^^^ That scooter has a 4 stroke fuel injected engine. Both the fuel and ignition are controlled by an ECU. If there is no battery supply no amount of kicking will achieve anything.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
PAINTER V2

Post by PAINTER V2 »

It was the battery which was knackered. It must of been at the end of its life, to completely lose it in about 1 hr, but I was surprised that it wouldn't start with the kick start
Thanks for the advice
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Post by Lung Per »

Glad you solved your problem. I was about to suggest you check for gas.....
A friend is only one click away