Macha Bucha

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Macha Bucha

Post by Guess »

One of the most important Buddhist celebrations - Macha Bucha Day falls on the full moon day of the third lunar month. Not particularly a festival, Macha Bucha is a Buddhist holy day and marks a point in history when 1,250 of the Lord Buddha's followers gathered to hear his sermon. Macha Bucha Day is a day when worshipers to walk three times around temples in a bid to make merit. His Majesty the King presides over religious rites at the Emerald Buddha Temple where he leads the candlelight procession around the temple. In Bangkok processions usually start at around 20:00.

Please everybody respect this day. The Emerald Buddha is very important in Thai history. Two years ago I had the greatest honour of my life to be at the same temple as the King and Queen of Thailand. This was the temple on the hill heading up towards the viewpoint.

This is a day when everybody should look at their inner self and see how it can be improved over the next year.

I am sure that Thai people can explain it better than I. I am just a novice.

The message for this day is peace and tranquility.

I will go there tomorrow at sunset.
[color=blue][size=134]Care in the community success story.[/size][/color]
HansMartin
Professional
Professional

Post by HansMartin »

Thanks for the explnation. My wife went to the local wat here in California and said it was a very holy day. I ask what day it was . She said a holy day.

So maybe you do explain better than the Thai--at least to us farang.