The best hamburger in Hua Hin

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: The best hamburger in Hua Hin

Post by Dannie Boy »

I rarely eat a Beef/Ham burger, but when I do, a slice of fairly tasteless processed cheese on it is not the top of my priorities - as Joelle inferred - each to their own!!
Jack_Batty
Professional
Professional

Post by Jack_Batty »

Dannie Boy wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:04 am I rarely eat a Beef/Ham burger, but when I do, a slice of fairly tasteless processed cheese on it is not the top of my priorities - as Joelle inferred - each to their own!!
“Tasteless processed cheese”….ok, uh…you’re doing it wrong.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Jack_Batty wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:10 am
Dannie Boy wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:04 am I rarely eat a Beef/Ham burger, but when I do, a slice of fairly tasteless processed cheese on it is not the top of my priorities - as Joelle inferred - each to their own!!
I’m not talking about what I make, this was in connection with “the best burger in Hua Hin”, where I doubt you’d be able to get anything other than processed cheese on a cheeseburger!!
KhunLA
Guru
Guru

Post by KhunLA »

Jack_Batty wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:37 am Who eats a burger without cheese?
I usually do, especially if I order one out, and rarely experiment. If a chain beef burger, then it's a Whopper with extra meat, as I prefer to actually taste the beef.

As stated, the 'cheese product' most use is a flavorless, extra layer of salt. At home I may add cheese, rare, but it's real American cheese.
Schreiber.png
Schreiber.png (158.7 KiB) Viewed 1519 times
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Well, as you might have guessed, it's not actually cheese—at least, not legally. The FDA calls it “pasteurized processed American cheese food.” In order for a food product to be a true “cheese,” it has to be more than half cheese, which is technically pressed curds of milk.
American cheese is not recognised, even by the FDA, as real cheese!
Jack_Batty
Professional
Professional

Post by Jack_Batty »

You guys should start a thread about this American cheese. Fascinating.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Jack_Batty wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:57 am You guys should start a thread about this American cheese. Fascinating.
Jack_Batty wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:37 am Hamburger, beef burger…whatever you want to call it; who eats it anyway? This thread should be titled “Best Cheeseburger in Hua Hin”. Who eats a burger without cheese? That’s like eating a ribeye or filet mignon cooked well-done. And really, I know the menus in all the big burger chains in the US have a hamburger listed on their menus, but I can’t remember the last time I heard someone actually say the word ‘hamburger’. Kinda sounds old-fashioned. Everyone just says ‘burger’ or ‘cheeseburger’ now.
Wow, you're quite a confrontational poster on the subject of burgers! Were you force-fed them as a child? With or without cheese? :laugh:
Is there a 'Best therapist in Hua Hin' thread? :cheers: :cheers:
This is the way
Jack_Batty
Professional
Professional

Post by Jack_Batty »

dtaai-maai wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:44 am
Jack_Batty wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:57 am You guys should start a thread about this American cheese. Fascinating.
Jack_Batty wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:37 am Hamburger, beef burger…whatever you want to call it; who eats it anyway? This thread should be titled “Best Cheeseburger in Hua Hin”. Who eats a burger without cheese? That’s like eating a ribeye or filet mignon cooked well-done. And really, I know the menus in all the big burger chains in the US have a hamburger listed on their menus, but I can’t remember the last time I heard someone actually say the word ‘hamburger’. Kinda sounds old-fashioned. Everyone just says ‘burger’ or ‘cheeseburger’ now.
Wow, you're quite a confrontational poster on the subject of burgers! Were you force-fed them as a child? With or without cheese? :laugh:
Is there a 'Best therapist in Hua Hin' thread? :cheers: :cheers:
Yikes. Look in the mirror if you’re just looking for stuff like that. Just talking burgers, dude. Wow!
KhunLA
Guru
Guru

Post by KhunLA »

American Cheese is called such, as it's usually a mixture of 2 or more cheeses. Most being Cheddar & Colby. Not enough of any one cheese to be designated of that cheese.

Desired for burger for it's melting point, and enough emulsifiers so that it doesn't break at temps. How much cheese, sets it apart for 'processed cheese' vs 'cheese product' ... I think.

Scheiber is the best I've found here @ Makro. New Yorker is probably the best, one of, sold in USA, not available here, or I haven't found it. Noticeably better than the rest.

Others sold hear, are pretty sad in comparison (for me anyway): Kraft, Allowie

Real Cheddar usually breaks when heated, and if good cheddar, is a bit over powering. Monterrey Jack, Pepper Jack are good alternative, if decent brand. Provolone also, especially if making a Pizza Burger or Pizza CheeseSteak, and yea, that's a thing where I come from.

Any smoked cheese (ex: Golda) is plus, or can add a bit of liquid smoke, if not cooked on charcoal grill or flame broiled, for the fire charring. Why Whopper excels over the rest of chain offerings. That flame broiled thingy.

Though getting the extra meat on Whopper, helps actually tasting the beef, since added toppings & roll are a bit much at times.
Last edited by KhunLA on Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
KhunLA
Guru
Guru

Post by KhunLA »

:oops:
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Whether it's on a grilled cheese or a burger, we just can't resist the ooey gooey goodness of American cheese. But, did you know that it's actually considered one of the worst cheeses for you? In fact, it's loaded with unhealthy additives and preservatives that can cause a slew of diseases and ailments! Here's why you should skip the American cheese the next time you're making a sandwich:

"Any food with that number of ingredients should not be deemed a food, especially when it contains dairy lactose, known to cause allergic reactions in many people, and milk in any form which poses tons of health risks including mood swings, hormonal changes, and even cancer,"
Of course there's much more which should put off anyone choosing to eat unless there's no alternative.

Having said that, I do like a good cheeseburger.
Green Nomad
Professional
Professional

Post by Green Nomad »

Can I just say "bintaburger"! Nuff said. Don't know about the cheese though, or don't care! :duck:
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Green Nomad wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 3:08 pm Can I just say "bintaburger"! Nuff said. Don't know about the cheese though, or don't care! :duck:
Is that place still in business? I thought it closed before Covid or during Covid.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Green Nomad
Professional
Professional

Post by Green Nomad »

Sorry PeteC cannot comment on that, we have not frequented that part of town for many a year, so yes, he may have ceased business. Was very nice when it lasted. For health reasons having a few bevvies and a burger after is now in the past really. :cry:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

PeteC wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 3:12 pm
Green Nomad wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 3:08 pm Can I just say "bintaburger"! Nuff said. Don't know about the cheese though, or don't care! :duck:
Is that place still in business? I thought it closed before Covid or during Covid.
It is alive and kicking on Soi 94 these days.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20