University of Helsinki.

This is the free for all area, live and unleashed, say what you like!
Guess
Deceased
Deceased

University of Helsinki.

Post by Guess »

When I first saw this I thought it was I wind up so I checked out the authors and they are for real.

A bit of trivia to add is that in London the slang for a shit wagon is Helsinki Taxi. I have always thought this to be rhyming slang. Helsinki/stinky. After reading this maybe that is not the case.

Arsole Aromaticity Revisited
Lett. Org. Chem. 2 (2005) 469–474.
Mikael P. Johansson, Jonas Jusélius
Department of Chemistry, Laboratory for Instruction in Swedish, P.O. Box 55, University of Helsinki, FI-00014 Helsinki, Finland
Abstract
The aromaticity of arsoles has been debated in the literature for years. Some measures indicate arsole to be non-aromatic, others attribute at least slight aromaticity to the molecule. Here, we take a ring-current view of aromaticity, and study arsole in more detail. We make comparisons to the nitrogen analogue pyrrole, the phosphorous analogue phosphole, and the carbon analogue cyclopentadiene. The newly developed gauge-including magnetically induced currents (GIMIC) method provides a direct measure of the current flow in molecules. Using GIMIC, we show that arsole indeed is almost half as aromatic as pyrrole. Phosphole comes in between. Even cyclopentadiene is found to possess a moderately strong induced ring current, thus questioning the accepted classification of this molecule as a non-aromatic reference system.
[color=blue][size=134]Care in the community success story.[/size][/color]
Kraka's Dad
Guru
Guru

Post by Kraka's Dad »

I think some people have too much time on their hands !!
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
Farang
Ace
Ace

Post by Farang »

Any Spanish r's in arsole?

Or are they just missing their h's?

I won't ask what were you Googling for when you found this bit about arsole.
"There's no plausible or convincing reason, certainly no evidential one, to believe that there is such an entity (= deity) and that all observable phenomena, including the cosmological ones... are explicable without the hypothesis; you don't need the assumption."
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Where on earth do you get this stuff from, Guess?
Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Guess »

Now I know you are not going to like the reply but I will tell you so as at least to keep the suspicious mind of Farang rested. BTW if I had been search for Arseholes I would have spent it correct. As for the Spanish r's:

I got this from a University Lecturer in Peru who is an in-law of mine. He studies quantum theory which apparently, (although the connection excapes me somewhere) overlaps the study of Arsole Ordour. He was tasked with translating the work of the two Helsinki Professors into Spanish.

Now if I was someone else I would think that this is all a work of fiction. It seems that is is not.

OLE, OLE, OLE, OLE....... OLE...... OLE.
[color=blue][size=134]Care in the community success story.[/size][/color]