Muay Thai in Hua Hin

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
suede
Amateur
Amateur

Muay Thai in Hua Hin

Post by suede »

How is the Muay Thai (Thai boxing) in Hua Hin compared to the events held at Lumpini station in bangkok?
I could be wrong but the Hua Hin one feels like it could be a bit... farangy. But what do I know. Anyone who does?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've never watched Muay Thai in Hua Hin, although there was a demonstration at the new shopping mall a couple of weeks ago. My son who practices Karate couldn't stop laughing ie:

- No sense of balance when fighting - basically falling over without a decent puch or kick being landed
- Couldn't punch
- Couldn't kick
- Too slow (although that may have been part of the exhibition??)

His belief was that he'd have knocked out, or seriously injured one of the exhibitionists before they had even landed a punch or kick.
:guns: :guns:

If that was the best that Hua Hin can offer, I don't rate it too much.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

It was a show, they do them over here as well at various grand openings or other displays and tourist attractions. The real thing is quite different. Many a European, Brit, American, Turk, Russian etc., having trained in martial arts have gotten into the ring at the serious contests here. Usually with a Thai man a foot shorter than he is. I can't remember ever seeing the Thai lose. And, it's usually very quick, one or two rounds. Pete
Kraka's Dad
Guru
Guru

Post by Kraka's Dad »

Yes have seen that myself. The farang got into the ring looking very cocky and confident but that soon changed once the fight started. :mrgreen:
As said they usually do not last long against a proper Thai fighter.
:cheers:
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.