Mosquito spray called "Off"

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
caller
Hero
Hero

Re: Mosquito spray called

Post by caller »

I have got to go to GM tomorrow so I will have a look.
Talk is cheap
Ralfredo
Professional
Professional

Re: Mosquito spray called "Off"

Post by Ralfredo »

I found some bottles at Big C today. Only two left on the shelf when I left if anyone is interested.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

I saw some cream from Australia--Suncreen and anti-mossie in one. What a good idea.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Ralfredo wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:59 pmNo luck either at the 7/11 on intersection Soi 61/Naresdamri or at Bluport Gourmet Market. Any more suggestions are welcome.
I forgot to come back to you on this. You're right - nothing - and the location for such sprays has changed.
Talk is cheap
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Sounds like some of you guys have been searching for weeks for this stuff when you could easily ordered it from Lazada and got it in 2 or 3 days

https://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?spm=a ... 0spray_0_1
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
Ralfredo
Professional
Professional

Post by Ralfredo »

sateeb wrote:Sounds like some of you guys have been searching for weeks for this stuff when you could easily ordered it from Lazada
Mostly me searching I think... You're probably right but I'm not sure I could give the address to our house in a way the delivery guy would understand. We are also away from the house big part of the day which could be a problem, or not?
Ralfredo
Professional
Professional

Re: Mosquito spray called "Off"

Post by Ralfredo »

Just noticed that Lazada wants 285 THB for a can of Off. I bought mine att Big C for 149 THB each. Quite a difference!
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

There was one can left in Homepro when I was shopping yesterday.

Not sure what the fascination is with Off spray. You need about half a can to get a decent coverage. I'll stick with my pink bottles (Soffell) from 7-11. Best spray I've found and I'm incredibly tasty to the little f*kers.
GN.
Ralfredo
Professional
Professional

Post by Ralfredo »

Ginjaninja wrote:Not sure what the fascination is with Off spray. You need about half a can to get a decent coverage.
Well I don't agree since I think rather little spray keeps them off me... But I guess people are different tasty. My problem with many local sprays is that I can't stand the smell..
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

fair enough... yeah does put waste to the Armani eau de cologne... :mrgreen:
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Ginjaninja wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:29 pm fair enough... yeah does put waste to the Armani eau de cologne... :mrgreen:

Posh git, I'm still using Blue Stratos and Hai Karate :duck:

Anyways back to topic :cheers:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Forgot to update this again. Off is now back in stock at Gourmet Market, opposite the pet food section, in the far corner - there's only 2 and other sells fresh meats, fish and things!

Excuse crap pic and I pulled the can forward especially!
thumbnail_20200308_154503.jpg
Talk is cheap
Ralfredo
Professional
Professional

Post by Ralfredo »

caller wrote:Forgot to update this again. Off is now back in stock at Gourmet Market,
Bluport cheaper than Big C!?!?

And thanks!
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Ralfredo wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:49 pm
caller wrote:Forgot to update this again. Off is now back in stock at Gourmet Market,
Bluport cheaper than Big C!?!
I find Gourmet Market often cheaper than Villa and in many items, all the other stores, where non fresh food items are concerned.
Talk is cheap
PeteC

Re: Mosquito spray called "OFF"

Post by PeteC »

Has the formula changed? :shock:

I've used it for many years but at present almost bedridden with a rash everywhere I applied it, and popping antihistamines like candy.

Yes, the doc indicates that it's an allergic reaction to OFF and he's seen many people with it. I applied it on Thursday before cutting the grass, and by early Friday morning I was in agony. Never happened before, and it appears to be another case of as you age, your tolerance to things changes.

The product used was OFF "Active" with 15% Deet. The "Active" part is some kind of ingredient so sweat doesn't wash it off so easily I'm told. :( :banghead:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source