GREAT NIGHT ON THE BEACH

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

GREAT NIGHT ON THE BEACH

Post by JW »

Saw some unbeleivable talent last night at the Sofitel stage, Bill Bruford and his band were awesome, had to be seen to be believed! The band following were at bit more latin - equally brilliant, you could have been listening to Santana. Trully spectacular night, BTW no one played Hotel California! And we got cold beer all night.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Sounds good, I'll be there this afternoon/evening. Anyone fancy meeting up for a cold one give me a buzz.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Randy Cornhole
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Randy Cornhole »

I agree with JW it was a great night. Bill Bruford was not to be missed.
What about those girls in the smoking lounge...... :shock:
www.35mmview.com
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Randy said:
What about those girls
What about those girls?
:?
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Randy,

Agreed on both points! Will be doing it all again tonight, gonna try and get the same spot right by the stage.
Anyone who goes will be in for a treat. Tough acts to follow from last night.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

I was really looking forward to it.
However, I couldn't buy a beer at 4pm.
A rai? Twats. Hua Hin on a Saturday afternoon, on the beach and looking forward to hearing the music.
Then again, I was right in front of The Sofitel. What am I supposed to do. Kiss their *****?
I will not forget this.
shakin' boxcar joe

Post by shakin' boxcar joe »

Friday night was a great night ,good music and not too crowded. Bruford and Mikkel Nordso were tremendous.

Saturday night was hell ,just too many people ,couldnt move around freely.No fun at all.

The smoking area was a bizarre set up ,pretty girls though.
shakin' boxcar joe.
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Agree, last night was just too busy. The beach entrance couldnt handle the amount of people.
Even though it took some of the enjoyment away it is great to see this event get stronger every year. When do we get a blues festival?
buksida

Post by buksida »

Yes it was absolutely rediculous to have an event sponsored by a beer company that wasnt allowed to sell beer during the afternoon. This country cracks me up sometimes.

Stayed at the Sofitel stage most of the night and Ibrahim Electric with Michael Blake were simply fantastic. Will upload the photos as soon as I can.

As said above it was very busy, not sure the venues could hold the capacity of people, they should go back to how it was last year with the beer parks instead of channeling thousands of people to the hotel stages.

The smoking stand almost made me want to start smoking again :mrgreen:
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

I know I walked out/away in disgust at not being able to buy a beer at any Heineken stall - it was 4.30pm - so I missed the really big crowds.
However, just an observation but why were there those big seating areas on the approach road to the beach? At stages, there was only room enough for two people to pass. Recipe for disaster IMHO.
Oh yeah - and if I was World Wide Marketing Director for Heineken, I pull my sponsorship cause my beer can't be sold until 5pm. :thumb:
buksida

Post by buksida »

Ok, got some of last nights photos uploaded:
http://huahinafterdark.com/hua-hin-jazz-festival.htm

Fancy a smoke?
dr dave soul monsta
Deceased
Deceased

Post by dr dave soul monsta »

Have to agree lomuamart, very badly organized event last year was far more organized with 3 stages, the traffic on the beach last night was intolerable to say the least, the quality of some of the musicians did however make up for the lack of organization, im sure the sponsors need to look a little more closely at how the event organizers deal with next years event

Buksi .. Ibrahim Electric with Michael Blake so good i bought the CD Hammond C3 Organs do it for me any time

Jw.. more blues incorperated would be an exellent idea "Hua Hin Jazz and Blues festival" sounds a lot more appealing and there are many top quality Blues bands in and aroung the BKK area

Maybe the Hilton can take note as they seem to have taken a intrest in the festival for the first time in five years and put some real bands on their entertainment complex on a more regular basis instead of the trash pop bands they normaly use
Last edited by dr dave soul monsta on Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I don't often agree with the RSPCA as i believe it is an animals duty to be on my plate at supper time"
Randy Cornhole
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Randy Cornhole »

It was so crowded on the approach to the beach i came back out through the Sofitel which was pleasant enough.
What about the - Hua Hin Peruvian nose flute festival or The Hua Hin Mongolian throat dance festival? What a sight they would be....eh.
www.35mmview.com
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Buksida,

Thanks for the photos - I guess the one on this page answers my earlier question taken from randy's post ie
What about those girls?
I can now see where Randy was coming from.
:cheers:
blue nose
Amateur
Amateur

Post by blue nose »

Saturday night was horrendous..there was hardly room to move at all..my wife left after 15 mins of arrivving...its getting too big for the arena now......an accident waiting to happen methinks...