Tessebahn Car Park

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Re: Tessebahn Car Park

Post by Nereus »

STEVE G wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:00 pm
Nereus wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:40 pm
Big Boy wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:29 pm I've looked each time I've passed - I haven't seen any signage and I don't know where the entrance is.
Hmm, so a car park with no entrance, but only an exit! Sounds creepy to me and best avoided! Maybe it needs hunting down on foot?
Well, I have always entered from the road going up to the station railway, next to the Tessabahn building. I suppose that is still possible. And then I used to come out either way, past the book shop, or that ridiculous narrow road on the south side. ( don't know why this wont post properly :? )
I'm pretty sure I saw an entrance into the new car park that way when I was there a couple of weeks ago but I thought it was government facility so I didn't pay much attention at the time, it would be useful if it's open to the public.
I doubt very much if the original entrance that I am referring to has been closed, I believe that at one time years ago it was the only entrance to the old inside car park. It is also the only entrance to the disabled space just to the left as you enter, but the "me firsts" always have that blocked up with motorcycles!

What I hope they MAY have done now is provide an entrance to the office from the car park. I have hobbled in through a back door that actually opens into an office, but have had them try to stop me a couple of times. I have also seen cars parked right in front of the front door stairs, but you need a Thai skin to do that, so I will not do it.

At one time there was also a side door from the driveway entrance that I am referring, but it has been blocked off for some years now.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

If I'm down that way, and can find a parking space :? , I will explore on foot - finding a parking space during car park opening times could be tricky though. So hopefully somebody can give directions first.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

So hopefully somebody can give directions first.
1. Go by yourself.
2. Take a walking stick.
3. Drive in like the Thais do.
4. Wave your walking stick around at Somchai when he tries to stop you.
5. Park anywhere like a Thai, but MUST be close to where you want to go.
6. Take some photos.
7. Report back here with results.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I'm British, so will skip 2 to 5. :laugh:

Once/if I've got it worked out, I'll drive in and post dashcam footage.

Points 51; Position 21
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

OK guys, at the 3rd time of trying, I managed to get parked. Unfortunately, it was past the actual entrance, so no dash cam footage.

The entrance turned out to be on Soi 78, in a similar position to the previous single level car park - beware, there is currently a lone cone fixed in the centre of the road as you turn into Soi 78.
Turn left at Soi 78 - brilliant sign posting.
Turn left at Soi 78 - brilliant sign posting.
1.jpg (176.46 KiB) Viewed 1307 times
Beware the lone cone - hes trying to get you.
Beware the lone cone - hes trying to get you.
2.jpg (181.18 KiB) Viewed 1307 times
Yer Tiz
Yer Tiz
3.jpg (184.77 KiB) Viewed 1307 times
The entrance, and I assume exit.
The entrance, and I assume exit.
4.jpg (83.5 KiB) Viewed 1307 times
The old exit is where I originally saw a car with Bangkok plates enter the car park. Subsequently, I saw the area full of motorcycles. Today they have fixed bendy cones, which seem to be designed to move out of the way if when hit. I don't for one minute see Thais (or Farangs) on motorcycles driving the long way around when these bollards simply bend out of the way.
This is the entrance I saw the Bangkokian use that initiated this thread.  The old exit.
This is the entrance I saw the Bangkokian use that initiated this thread. The old exit.
5.jpg (137.92 KiB) Viewed 1307 times
Bendy Cones fixed to the floor.  I guess they'll just move out of the way for motorcycles - TIT
Bendy Cones fixed to the floor. I guess they'll just move out of the way for motorcycles - TIT
6.jpg (105.94 KiB) Viewed 1307 times
Inside the car park, there are a lot of Tessebahn vehicles semi-permanently parked up.
Many spaces permanently occupied by Tessebahn vehicles.
Many spaces permanently occupied by Tessebahn vehicles.
7.jpg (107.13 KiB) Viewed 1307 times
For those with mobility problems, there is a nice lift area.
Modern lifts.
Modern lifts.
8.jpg (112.4 KiB) Viewed 1307 times
I doubt very much if the original entrance that I am referring to has been closed, I believe that at one time years ago it was the only entrance to the old inside car park. It is also the only entrance to the disabled space just to the left as you enter, but the "me firsts" always have that blocked up with motorcycles!
There is a street fair on Soi 76 at the moment, so I couldn't properly assess this entrance/exit. The area was very clear, due to the street fair, and it could easily have been used. However, when the motorcycles, somtam and lottery ticket sellers are back, your guess is as good as mine, but I think we know what the answer will be :twisted: TIT

Points 51; Position 21
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

For those with mobility problems, there is a nice lift area

But no designated disabled parking area?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I didn't go beyond what you see in photo 7. I didn't notice whilst there, but the scooter is parked in a yellow bay.

[Edit] I'm not promising, but if passing, and I remember, I'll turn in and have a drive around - I'll post the dashcam footage.

Points 51; Position 21
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Big Boy wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:35 pm I didn't go beyond what you see in photo 7. I didn't notice whilst there, but the scooter is parked in a yellow bay.

[Edit] I'm not promising, but if passing, and I remember, I'll turn in and have a drive around - I'll post the dashcam footage.
Ok, thanks. I would be as much interested in how you get from the carpark into the office. No idea what a yellow marking is supposed to mean in that situation, but disabled should be blue. Does that sign outside the entrance have anything to do with parking?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I'll ask a Thai speaker about the sign. It looked as though the Tessebahn entrance was to the right of me when I snapped No.7, but I'll confirm that when I drive through.

Points 51; Position 21
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've asked a Thai speaker about the sign, and I'm told it says little more than built by the Tessebahn. If you have any work that needs doing (thinking road to Black Mountain :idea: ), phone the number quoted. Of course, another Thai may read it completely differently.

Points 51; Position 21
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

We have been saying downtown needed parking in order to keep it alive!

This all sounds too sensible for Thailand.
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

NOKYAI wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:25 pm We have been saying downtown needed parking in order to keep it alive!

This all sounds too sensible for Thailand.
This is very true, I for one avoid downtown Hua Hin because of the parking issues. I hope it doesn't become filled with Tessebahn and 'other' official vehicles.

Points 51; Position 21
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

OK, still got to review dash cam footage, but I've taken a drive through.
  • The first empty spaces were on the 3rd floor today - Thai sized spaces, so very easy to park a truck.
  • Space on some of the turns on the up and down ramps seemed quite tight at first, but adequate, although I noticed a few vehicles had scraped the walls.
  • I think its on the first floor there is an up and a down ramp to nowhere. I actually turned in to the up ramp, only to see a row of bendy bollards at the other end of the ramp.
  • The Ground floor is not accessed directly from the entrance/exit, so Tessebahn vehicles aren't really a problem.
  • Soi 78 is the official entrance/exit.
  • From Floor 1 upwards there is a disabled parking space directly behind the lift shaft.
20181108_121936.jpg
20181108_121936.jpg (75.06 KiB) Viewed 1018 times
20181108_122028.jpg
20181108_122028.jpg (79.15 KiB) Viewed 1018 times
  • On the 2 floors I inspected, there were toilet facilities beside each disabled bay.
  • There appears to be access to the Tessebahn from the Ground floor, but there are steps.
20181108_122046.jpg
20181108_122046.jpg (101.7 KiB) Viewed 1018 times
  • The main entrance (no steps) looks to be from the 2nd floor.
20181108_121950.jpg
20181108_121950.jpg (94.03 KiB) Viewed 1018 times

I will try to upload dashcam footage later.

Points 51; Position 21
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Thanks BB. The disabled bay looks to a bit of a squeeze, but at least the Thai cripples cannot force more than one car into it. I guess they ran out of blue paint! No signs denoting it as Tessabahn only? Entrance to the office is a big improvement, but I have to wonder how to get down from which ever floor the entrance is, to wherever they now have the payment desks. :cheers:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

The drive through:

Points 51; Position 21