Address for annual retirement visa

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Address for annual retirement visa

Post by StevePIraq »

I have just sold my house and have to renew my annual retirement visa early December, does anyone know if I could get away with using my existing address. I know this isn't right but at this time I have no idea where I will be staying, maybe a short or long term rental or even travelling around for a while.

I would imagine Immigration would only know if they have a link to the Land Office database
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
RCer
Ace
Ace

Re: Address for annual retirement visa

Post by RCer »

Use your existing address. When you do your 90 day, update them. Or sooner if you decide on a long term rental.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Address for annual retirement visa

Post by StevePIraq »

I went to immigration and notified of my new address, the condo owner had also done it one line. I was advised that Immigration do random checks and if you do not live at the address on record there is a potential for an 8,000Baht fine.

You as well as the property owner have to advise immigration, they then insert a new Receipt for Notification form in your passport.
Not worth the hassle to not do it.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali