Parking on Soi 94

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
Big Boy

Parking on Soi 94

Post by Big Boy »

This is a throwback to yesterday's bar map validation exercise. As we know, Soi 94 is one of the town's entertainment areas, and as such, does not come alive until early evening.

When validating bar maps, I tend to drive to a zone, park and validate on foot. Repeating this for each zone. For some reason. the only place I could get parked early afternoon yesterday was almost on Petchkasem, outside Mozza Mia. OK there were a lot of taxis that must have taken root whilst waiting for tourists to arrive, but what about the rest of the road?

Why so many cars parked in an area that doesn't come alive until at least 5 hours later? Are the cars parked there, and people walk elsewhere? This is Thailand, and Thais don't walk, so improbable. I've noticed for a while the vast increase in number vehicles parked on the road, but hadn't realised it had reached saturation point.

The first section into Khao Takiab was similar from the Ibis to the Amari - very little space to stop - why?
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: Parking on Soi 94

Post by HHTel »

I noticed this yesterday. I play pool for the Home Bar and I've always taken the car as I've never found a problem parking. However, last night I had to really search for somewhere to park. Looks like trips to 94 will be on the bike.