Grand Marina Pranburi Another "Dream"?

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
Frank La Rue
Guru
Guru

Grand Marina Pranburi Another "Dream"?

Post by Frank La Rue »

I have part taken in threads in the recent past about Shikara and Miracle one-stop shopping resorts with appartments and all facilities included - apparently these never maerialized. Incidentally I came accross as I speak another Project with web site:

https://grandmarinapranburi.com/

Again - the concept looks promissing.

It belongs to my story that i had an appartment in Aquamarina - Arguineguin at Grand Canary Island in the past. When I got my 1st family i bought time share next door in ANFI Beach Club over Chrsitmas and New years Eve - these resorts are both very good with Appartments, Restaurants, shops, Beach. in the 1990ties we spent very happy times there with my family, my parents , aunts etc - good food, drinking and happy Christmas holidays all around.

In the course of my work in those days I established manuacturing in Royjana Industrial Park in Ayutthaya for a japanese Company and the rest is history.

With my 2nd wife, lovely Lek form Kanchanaburi and our son Kane I sold the apparments on the Canary Islands and now look for a resort in Thailand. So far it has not been easy to find the kind of low rize, one-stop holiday experience I am used to.

So - does any one know if Grand Marina is for real?
One Day I'm gona die. I can live with that.
caller
Hero
Hero

Re: Grand Marina Pranburi Another "Dream"?

Post by caller »

I sincerely hope not.
Talk is cheap
Frank La Rue
Guru
Guru

Post by Frank La Rue »

ON this topic - a studio for sale i nGrand Marina popped up on my screen this afternoon and when checking it seems bulidngs are going up - news anyone?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

So where exactly is this place supposed to be? It talks about a huge beach front, but artist impressions show it on a river/inlet. The other bumf is out of date with selling points like being close to the Hua Hin/Pattaya Ferry. I just can't envisage where in Pranburi this is supposed to be.

Actually, since writing that, I thought I recognised the little inlet. Now I look on Google Maps, it is there, but on the opposite side of the river/inlet, with a road to cross to get to the beach - more false misrepresentation?
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

If it the place I am thinking of, I have passed it a lot, just past one of the headlands heading to Khao Kalok from Sam Roi Yot beach. On saying that, I haven't been that way this year (that's a shock, I am usually a regular down that way). One building had been completed, low level and furthest from the beach. The beach road is in effect a cul de sac. As far as I could tell at that time, work had stopped and it was hard to see if any units were occupied. Some were clearly empty, others appeared to have blinds up.
Talk is cheap
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Would you agree the artists impression is somewhat misleading regarding location?
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Not as misleading as equating that small fishing harbour to a "Grand Marina"!
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Big Boy wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:27 pm Would you agree the artists impression is somewhat misleading regarding location?
That's why it's called an "impression."
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

I'm confused about that inlet, I signed up for info. I blocked them in the end, but I could have sworn there was meant to have been another block built right by the beach.

The location is right, but I thought the development went to the beach.

There is a small crossroads not far past the development, where I always take a right to get to the beach road, when you get to the end, a sign points right to take you to the development. Maybe I'm not remembering right?
Talk is cheap
Frank La Rue
Guru
Guru

Post by Frank La Rue »

Thanks all for recent comments - It's what I suspected, the reality lags behind the "impresssion". IN lack of being in Thailand as I write this I think I'll continue to watcht the Youtube Channel from Pratchap Kirikhan with Foreigner Joe and Thai girl Gift. I haven't been down there but it looks very nice if you don't mind no Walking Street.