New Non-O visa at Hua Hin Immigration

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
Kray63
Novice
Novice

New Non-O visa at Hua Hin Immigration

Post by Kray63 »

Filed for a new NON O , Hua Hin Immigration on the 21 December... A little time consuming but can be done .. Will know for sure in 10-15 days , Has to be approved by Bangkok Immigration ,, :roll:
Kray63
Novice
Novice

Re: New Non-O visa at Hua Hin Immigration

Post by Kray63 »

Success >>> New NON O based on Retirement issued today January08...Submitted on December 21 ..Took 18 days for approval .....LOL
musungu
Professional
Professional

Post by musungu »

Why did it have to go to Bangkok - what is the difference with the usual Extension visa for retirement which can be can be approved in Hua Hin? Sorry but it is not clear to me.
Prior Planning & Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

I assume because he/she was upgrading to an O visa rather than getting an extension to one.
musungu
Professional
Professional

Post by musungu »

lomuamart wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:06 am I assume because he/she was upgrading to an O visa rather than getting an extension to one.
Ok thanks - That makes sense.
Prior Planning & Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.
GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

Post by GroveHillWanderer »

musungu wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:46 am Why did it have to go to Bangkok - what is the difference with the usual Extension visa for retirement which can be can be approved in Hua Hin? Sorry but it is not clear to me.
This was a case (as stated by the OP) of getting a new non-O visa, not requesting an extension of permission to stay.

A visa is what allows you to commence your stay - once that visa expires you can only get an extension of stay. The visa itself is not extended, your permission to stay is. This may seem like a trivial or pedantic distinction but people have been caught out in the past by not realising the difference. The classic example, which has happened several times to various different people, is when someone thinks they have extended their visa and mistakenly believe that they can go out and come back in as they did on the original visa, whereas what they actually have is an extension of stay which requires a re-entry permit if you want to leave and return.
Kray63
Novice
Novice

Post by Kray63 »

Kray63 wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:26 am Success >>> New NON O based on Retirement issued today January08...Submitted on December 21 ..Took 18 days for approval .....LOL
My NON O based on retirement was expired 2 days ...I was in ICU Bangkok Hospital....So had to start all over again ...I had to go to Bangkok to get an Income Statement from my Embassy ..The Income statement had to be Translated and certified by MOFA ...Then could submit an application for a new NON O at Hua Hin ... :roll:...After submitting the application in Hua Hin Immigration ..They send it to Bangkok for approval ....Usually 10-15 days for approval , but because of the Holidays it took a little longer :) Now have to wait 2 months to extend for a 1 year .... :cheers:
Kray63
Novice
Novice

Post by Kray63 »

:cheers: Extended today for 1 year ....Reentry Permit and reset 90 day check in...In at 08:30 finished at 08:50 .... New immigration office is very nice ....