Seeking professionals for depression treatment in Hua Hin

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Seeking professionals for depression treatment in Hua Hin

Post by thecolonel »

I have a friend who is really suffering with depression of some kind or other

Looking for Professionals(Psychotherapists etc) who could help?

Any suggestions appreciated

Thanks

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
nil
Professional
Professional

Re: Depression

Post by nil »

Vitamin B complex & fish oil supplements
Exercise
Meditation to reduce stress
Reduction in alchohol
Finding a hobby or interest to keep occupied
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Best to see a professional and find out if it's clinical or emotional depression. Clinical being something organically wrong that causing the depression.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

handdrummer wrote:Best to see a professional and find out if it's clinical or emotional depression. Clinical being something organically wrong that causing the depression.
Agreed, hoping someone might know or had experience of, said Professional....

Thanks

oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

Psychiatric care is very Chemical in Thailand. Probably the best unit in Thai is at the Bangkok Hospital, Bangkok.
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

If your friend can go to BKK, I highly recomend Dr Krit at Prama 9 hospital.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

RCer wrote:If your friend can go to BKK, I highly recomend Dr Krit at Prama 9 hospital.
Thanks for this, not dismissing at all and will keep in mind but really feel she needs more immediate help in Hua Hin at least in first instance. Thanks again

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I have PM'd you.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
RCer
Ace
Ace

Re: Seeking professionals for depression treatment in Hua Hin

Post by RCer »

Stay away from the Psychiatrist at BKK hospital in Hua Hin.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I would second that RCer. A bipolar patient was being treated at BKK Hospital. After paying close to 50K for medication to last him in the UK, his doctor there through the lot in the bin saying that not only would it make the condition worse, some of the medication is actually dangerous and is banned in most western countries!
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

If the depression is clinical you need a Psychiatrist to prescribe medication, if it's emotional you can talk to a Psychologist, they can't prescribe. For clinical depression ALWAYS get, at least, a second opinion before taking drugs. If the MD doesn't do a complete physical workup with blood tests they don't know what they're doing and just guessing based on their experience.
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

handdrummer wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:00 pm If the depression is clinical you need a Psychiatrist to prescribe medication, if it's emotional you can talk to a Psychologist, they can't prescribe. For clinical depression ALWAYS get, at least, a second opinion before taking drugs. If the MD doesn't do a complete physical workup with blood tests they don't know what they're doing and just guessing based on their experience.
Well said. I would like to add that if the patient has a long history, the Dr needs to LISTEN without moving their mouth.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

he Dr needs to LISTEN without moving their mouth.

Until near the end of the session when coping mechanisms are discussed. Yah, this isn't TV.
Included in the testing should be nutritional testing: vitamin, mineral and amino acid levels, diet & exercise should be assessed, there's a lot to know before delving into treatment. The patient needs money and tine to find out what the problem is and what works. There's no one size fits all.
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

I have never heard of any good services near Hua Hin. There will be no quick fix! Even the assessment will be expensive and will need accessing through medical insurance. If they haven’t got this I would suggest they return to their own country if a non Thai.
If She is Thai then I believe you have already received advice on this from someone on here.

I have experience dealing with a couple of psychiatric emergencies here and it is not easy. Good luck and I hope you get things sorted out.
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

There is no area of medical care where the ability to communicate is more important that Mental Health. In fact, ideally, the patient and therapist should share a common cultural background as well as language. You can treat a broken leg quite well with little oral communication but emotional, psychiatric problems need a close degree of communication.