Electricity and Water Charges

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Re: Electricity and Water Charges

Post by thecolonel »

My February bill was down quite a bit despite the same monthly usage.

I don't understand the bill (even using Google Lens) but it appears I got two separate discounts.

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've given up trying to understand. I'm sure there's nothing scientific. Somebody rolls a giant dice, and wherever it lands is what you're charged :? :run:
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
buksida

Post by buksida »

Likewise, it appears to be a lottery every month with no bearing on actual usage.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

buksida wrote:Likewise, it appears to be a lottery every month with no bearing on actual usage.
Well I know what you mean Image

but it certainly is based on usage

It's just what these various discounts are for, that's the unknown part to me

On my last bill I had 2 discounts applied, one of 125 baht and one of 138 baht

What for I have no idea?

buksida

Post by buksida »

Another famous Thailand u-turn, high bills here to stay ...

New electricity rates won't be lowered
A uniform electricity rate of 4.77 baht/unit for both households and businesses from May through August cannot be lowered, Deputy Prime Minister and Energy Minister Supattanapong Panmeechaow said on Tuesday.

The new rate caused a stir as the government earlier promised to maintain the rate for household users at 4.72 baht per unit.

Mr Supattanapong said the rate has been reviewed by the Office of the Energy Regulatory Commission (OERC).

The current power tariff rates, applicable from January to April 2023, are 5.33 baht per unit for businesses, up 13% from the previous record high of 4.72 baht per unit, and 4.72 baht per unit for households. OERC decided to use a single power tariff rate for both households and businesses after April.

He said there is not much the caretaker government can do but promised to ask the cabinet to consider hardship alleviation, especially for vulnerable groups whose electricity use does not exceed 300 units per month.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... be-lowered
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
buksida

Post by buksida »

Thailand’s power usage reaches new high on May 6th due to hot weather
Thailand’s consumption of electricity surged to a new record high of 34,826.50 megawatts at 9.41pm on Saturday May 6th, breaking the previous record of 33,177.30 megawatts, set at 2.30pm on April 28th last year.

The Energy Regulatory Commission (ERC) attributed the surge to the hot weather during the long holidays, from May 4th to 7th, forcing residential consumers to use their air conditioners, electric fans and refrigerators for longer.

The ERC has urged the public to conserve energy while checking their electricity bills issued in May, to find out how much electricity they used in April and whether it was unusually high, adding that there are two possible causes of higher bills, errors in the calculation or a rise in consumption due to the hot weather.

According to the ERC, a progressive power rate is applied, which means that the more power a household uses, the higher the rate it will be charged. The electricity rate for May through August has been set at 4.70 baht per unit.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thailands- ... t-weather/
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Price drop for some lucky bar stewards

Government confirms 4-month electricity discount for users below 300 units
The Thai government confirmed a four-month electricity discount from May to August this year. This relief measure aims to alleviate energy price hardship for users who consume no more than 300 units per month, with an additional 150 baht rebate per household in May for those using no more than 500 units.

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/go ... -300-units

alanr

Electric /water rates. Government

Post by alanr »

Hi been offered two condos for rent. In hua hin. One says electricity 5 THB. And water 20 THB

Other one. 6 thb and same water. 20thb.

Is this about right

Thanks
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: Electric /water rates. Government

Post by HHTel »

Thailand’s Office of the Energy Regulatory Commission (OERC) has decided to impose a uniform electricity rate of 4.77 baht/unit for both household and non-household customers from May through August.
https://www.thaipbsworld.com/uniform-el ... tic-users/
alanr

Post by alanr »

What about water rates. Thanks

The prices I got were from. autumn condo. And summer condo.

Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

alanr wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 7:50 pm What about water rates. Thanks

I don’t know the correct rates for water, but if you’re living in a condo it will be absolutely minimal - I have a fairly large house on a 1.1/2 Rai plot and it costs me about 200 Baht a month.
alanr

Post by alanr »

Dannie Boy wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:33 pm
alanr wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 7:50 pm What about water rates. Thanks

I don’t know the correct rates for water, but if you’re living in a condo it will be absolutely minimal - I have a fairly large house on a 1.1/2 Rai plot and it costs me about 200 Baht a month.
Thanks. That’s good to hear. Pay currently pay about 1000 baht in uk. Single occupancy
buksida

Post by buksida »

Power tariff to be cut
The Energy Regulatory Commission (ERC) has agreed to reduce the power tariff by 5.3% to 4.45 baht per kilowatt-hour (unit), which will lead to cheaper electricity bills between September and December.

Households and businesses currently pay 4.7 baht per unit, applicable from May to August.

During the first four months of this year, businesses paid 5.33 baht per unit, up 13% from the previous record high of 4.72 baht per unit, while households paid 4.72 baht per unit.

The new power tariff is based on various factors, notably lower gas prices, and it was also partly determined by public opinions surveyed by the ERC during July 7-21.

During the last four months of this year, the fuel tariff, or Ft, which is a key component of the power tariff, will be reduced by 26% to 0.66 baht per unit, down from 0.91 baht per unit in the May-August cycle, said Khomgrich Tantravanich, secretary-general of the ERC.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/ge ... -to-be-cut
buksida

Post by buksida »

We've just had a bill with the lowest unit usage all year, yet more than a quarter of it is this "service charge/fuel tariff" which appears to have been hiked again. So the bill is a little more than the previous month when we used more power.

Use less ... pay more seems to be the new normal with Thailand's random lottery of electric bills. :cuss:
malcolminthemiddle
Guru
Guru

Post by malcolminthemiddle »

For information, Thai landlords are required by law to charge electricity and water fees at the standard rates set by utility authorities.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... g-up-bills