New plans for expats & visas

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: New plans for expats & visas

Post by Lost »

buksida wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:54 am
Even those wearing the rose tinted glasses must admit the possibility of the junta doing something that will net them less money and make expat lives easier is about as likely as Sek Loso getting elected for PM.
Now, now.

In the era of Arnie and Donnie Trump becoming politicians, who's to say he won't!

Sek.jpg
Sek.jpg (8.96 KiB) Viewed 698 times
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
brianks
Guru
Guru

Post by brianks »

Immigration could operate on less money by cutting the excess people in the office after getting rid of the 90 report and 24 hour check in after coming back into country. After all the 24 hour check in is ridiculous since you have already checked in at the airport or border with immigration listing your address there too. So much for cheap labor I guess.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Most of us originate from nations where efficiency is key. We could all identify dozens of ways to improve efficiency. However, labour is cheap and unemployment is low. It works for Thailand, so why should they change?
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
T.O.M.
Banned
Banned

Post by T.O.M. »

buksida wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:54 am It will never happen. Thaksin bought in the 90 day reports because it is a cash cow in terms of late fines. Keeping paper pushers in jobs is also a priority, as is keeping tabs on all those pesky farangs that want to live here.

Even those wearing the rose tinted glasses must admit the possibility of the junta doing something that will net them less money and make expat lives easier is about as likely as Sek Loso getting elected for PM.
Maybe it is time for you to move on...?
Your negative comments about everything going on in your adopted country, would qualify you to become honorary moderator on the grumpy old men's forum.....xxxxvisa.
Most of us moved here because Thailand is different from our home countries....for better or worse.
Enjoy all the good stuff Thailand has to offer and bite the bullet with things that according to our western viewpoint could be done differently....dare I say more efficient....
Yes a lot of things could be done differently....but don't allow the small stuff to spoil your stay.....If you do, you are the problem....NOT Thailand.
As for the 24-hour reporting....immigration (In Hua Hin at least) don't really care about it....Been here a long time...in and out of the country several times....NEVER reported my return to immigration. Obvious from the stamps in my passport and my reentry permits that I have been out of the country...immigration has never commented on it.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Why is realism being grumpy? buksi is quoting the truth. Saying it in any other way would not alter the truth. Thailand is very labour intensive - there is absolutely no incentive for that to change. It is the Thailand we all came here to live in, and we accept it. The Ministry of Silly Ideas can say what it likes - nothing changes, the Thai people will always do it their way, and I think that is one of the things most of us like about the country.

Out of interest, what is your take on the situation? Do you believe the country will become efficient, eliminate paperwork etc? If you believe that, then maybe you could describe your vision.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
buksida

Post by buksida »

T.O.M. wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:43 pm Maybe it is time for you to move on...?
Your negative comments about everything going on in your adopted country, would qualify you to become honorary moderator on the grumpy old men's forum.....xxxxvisa.
Most of us moved here because Thailand is different from our home countries....for better or worse.
Enjoy all the good stuff Thailand has to offer and bite the bullet with things that according to our western viewpoint could be done differently....dare I say more efficient....
Yes a lot of things could be done differently....but don't allow the small stuff to spoil your stay.....If you do, you are the problem....NOT Thailand.
Being an aggressive and arrogant a-hole is definitely your problem, but you obviously cant help that. Speaking the truth, being a realist, and wanting a smoother life (in any country) as we all do, rather than just burying your head in the sand like a sheep and saying 'nevermind' or 'TIT' is also a choice.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
JWWhite
Professional
Professional

Post by JWWhite »

T.O.M. wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:43 pm
buksida wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:54 am It will never happen. Thaksin bought in the 90 day reports because it is a cash cow in terms of late fines. Keeping paper pushers in jobs is also a priority, as is keeping tabs on all those pesky farangs that want to live here.

Maybe it is time for you to move on...?
As for the 24-hour reporting....immigration (In Hua Hin at least) don't really care about it....Been here a long time...in and out of the country several times....NEVER reported my return to immigration. Obvious from the stamps in my passport and my reentry permits that I have been out of the country...immigration has never commented on it.
Once again an excellent post T.O.M.
MY in BS full of BS.
“When people learn no tools of judgment and merely follow their hopes, the seeds of political manipulation are sown.” Stephen Jay Gould
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

brianks wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:46 am Immigration could operate on less money by cutting the excess people in the office after getting rid of the 90 report and 24 hour check in after coming back into country. After all the 24 hour check in is ridiculous since you have already checked in at the airport or border with immigration listing your address there too. So much for cheap labor I guess.
The 24 hour check after coming back into country was created for stupid farangs who could not calculate the next date for 90 days.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

buksida wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:01 pm
T.O.M. wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:43 pm Maybe it is time for you to move on...?
Being an aggressive and arrogant a-hole is definitely your problem, but you obviously cant help that. Speaking the truth, being a realist, and wanting a smoother life (in any country) as we all do, rather than just burying your head in the sand like a sheep and saying 'nevermind' or 'TIT' is also a choice.
:lach:

Leave T.O.M alone. Every Thai forum needs that, 'I've adapted here better than all you lot' villain. You'll notice T.O.M entering bars for pool night.

He's the one doing the Lakhon...
Eh!.jpg
Eh!.jpg (8.35 KiB) Viewed 545 times
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

europtimiste wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:18 pm
brianks wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:46 am Immigration could operate on less money by cutting the excess people in the office after getting rid of the 90 report and 24 hour check in after coming back into country. After all the 24 hour check in is ridiculous since you have already checked in at the airport or border with immigration listing your address there too. So much for cheap labor I guess.
The 24 hour check after coming back into country was created for stupid farangs who could not calculate the next date for 90 days.
The ONLY thing STUPID is your post!
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

PET wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:17 pm
Don't respond to it, PET. It goes away eventually. An illiterate, wannabe troll (dunno why you'd wannabe) who lacks the IQ to do it well.

:cheers:
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Lost wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:28 pm
who lacks the IQ to do it well.

Love it! :cheers:
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Just a heads up.

T.O.M and JWWhite are one and the same person.

You can't kid a kidder. :wink:

Edit: I do wish people wouldn't hold multiple accounts. It's confusing for everyone.
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

Don't respond to it, PET. It goes away eventually. An illiterate, wannabe troll (dunno why you'd wannabe) who lacks the IQ to do it well.

PET and lost....2 different ? or lost PET
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

europtimiste wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:12 pm

PET and lost....2 different ? or lost PET
That's quite good for yourself. (I am only one active poster to abide by forum rules - I like it here!)