Where to get CNG vehicle repaired ?

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
Scout
Professional
Professional

Where to get CNG vehicle repaired ?

Post by Scout »

My father has a Chevy Optra with a combination gasoline / CNG system. He bought the vehicle used several years ago, I’m not sure if the CNG system came with the car new or if it was added afterwards. It’s started having problems when running on CNG but runs fine when switched over to gasoline. He’s had it into the Chevy dealer in Chumphon but they were unable to determine the problem. Is there a shop here in Hua Hin that specializes in cars with CNG fuel systems ?
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Re: Where to get CNG vehicle repaired ?

Post by Nereus »

Scout wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:58 am My father has a Chevy Optra with a combination gasoline / CNG system. He bought the vehicle used several years ago, I’m not sure if the CNG system came with the car new or if it was added afterwards. It’s started having problems when running on CNG but runs fine when switched over to gasoline. He’s had it into the Chevy dealer in Chumphon but they were unable to determine the problem. Is there a shop here in Hua Hin that specializes in cars with CNG fuel systems ?
Firstly are you sure it is CNG and not LPG? There is a shop under the flyover on Petchkasem Rd that does LPG, but I am not sure about CNG, which the Thais in their wisdom call NGV.

There are many different brands of this equipment, all after market as far as I know. The problem with that is they may not have the correct software on a Laptop to be able to diagnose the problem.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Scout
Professional
Professional

Post by Scout »

Thanks Nereus, yes, I’m positive it’s CNG (NGV). We will check with the shop you mentioned, if they don’t do CNG they should know who does. Dad thinks it’s a factory installation because the carpet cover over the tank in the trunk has an embossed Chevy emblem.
Scout
Professional
Professional

Post by Scout »

The shop under the overpass has a sign saying both LPG and CNG, but the only thing they do with CNG is inspections for licensing. They did not know where we could find a CNG garage. We previously heard there is a CNG garage in Pranburi, but we don’t know where in Pranburi. So, if anyone can point us in the right direction it would be very much appreciated.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've just Googled it, and the result threw up this place as the only one remotely close https://placesmap.net/TH/Charoen-Yon-Au ... ge-252958/

If it's wrong, blame Google, not me :D
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

This one might be closer https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CH ... :1,lf_ui:2

Google search was 'cng garage near me'
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Scout wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:23 pm Thanks Nereus, yes, I’m positive it’s CNG (NGV). We will check with the shop you mentioned, if they don’t do CNG they should know who does. Dad thinks it’s a factory installation because the carpet cover over the tank in the trunk has an embossed Chevy emblem.
Hmm, typical response from the shop. I am sure that the system will be aftermarket, even if it was fitted from new. Can you find any manufacturers label on it? Need to look at the ECU, which may be buried away under the dash. BRC, Lovato or similar, as most of the equipment is Italian.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!