737 Max banned from Singapore airspace, grounded worldwide

Sub-forum for discussion on air travel, airports, and airlines.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: 737 Max banned from Singapore airspace, grounded worldwide

Post by oakdale160 »

A friend who is a travel agent in Canada tells me that they have never had so any customers specify that they don't want to fly on Boeing planes.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Boeing 737 Max: Worker said plane 'designed by clowns'
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-51058929

The release of a batch of internal messages has raised more questions about the safety of Boeing's 737 Max.

In one of the communications, an employee said the plane was "designed by clowns".

The planemaker described the communications as "completely unacceptable".

The 737 Max was grounded in March 2019 after two fatal crashes in Indonesia and Ethiopia, which killed almost 350 people in total.

Boeing said it had released the hundreds of redacted messages as part of its commitment to transparency.

The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and US Congress were given unredacted versions of the communications last month.

"These communications do not reflect the company we are and need to be, and they are completely unacceptable," Boeing said.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

May as well scrap them--- IF it was announced that they had corrected the problems and they were allowed to fly again--Would you fly on one of them???
Stargeezer
Professional
Professional

Post by Stargeezer »

Actually the B737 max should have all had the 2 safety features before being sold, and the aircrews should have
had more actual flying time before being allowed to be in the cockpit. If the systems had been turned off
the accidents likely would not have happened. I still think that Boeing had better get past profit before safety,
or it deserves to go bankrupt. When the jets are back in service, I will have not problems getting on one as
I believe the air crews will all better better prepared in the future.
Geezer
Pluto is my favorite planet!, especially now that we all can see close up
pictures of it.