The world has gone mad...

This is the free for all area, live and unleashed, say what you like!
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

The world has gone mad...

Post by dtaai-maai »

Yeezys: Thousands queue through night for Kanye West trainers
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-48554706
Thousands of people queued for hours to get their hands on trainers designed by rapper Kanye West.

Shoppers were waiting outside stores from midnight to grab a pair of Adidas Yeezy Boost 350s.

Within minutes of their release at 09:30 BST, the £180 shoes were being resold online for double the price.

Security guards were brought in to manage the queues in Birmingham and websites including Foot Locker and JD Sports crashed due to demand.

Marketing professor Heiner Evanschitzky said the mix of celebrity, exclusivity and "a certain clientele really liking the experience of queuing with like-minded people" was behind the frenzy.
This is the way
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Re: The world has gone mad...

Post by lindosfan1 »

I forget who used the term sheeple on here but very apt. I really do not understand why you pay more than the retail price on the day of a product launch, world's gone mad.
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

When the retail price is £180 for a pair of trainers, I don't know why you'd pay that either!
This is the way
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

I'd say that it is more accurate to say that many have lost their minds instead. We'll see what happens when it goes properly south sometime and if there is any metal in those that believe everything is so fine now and nothing could go wrong. Ironically, this is exactly the same situation as it was before WW1 (if you know history) as everyone thought nothing could go wrong and it was a time of innovation and wonder ... some disturbing similarities, even if a century apart. Just an observation and not trying to be a herald of future woe. Sadly, history repeats itself as new generations often fail to learn from the past because they think they are better and those from the past are stupid/silly ... big mistake.

Sorry to be negative.
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Have you seen the 'Yeezy' shoes. They look ridiculous! The below pair are £500+ on amazon. £300 elsewhere and 200 in 'merica.

yeezy.jpg
yeezy.jpg (70.59 KiB) Viewed 174 times
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

^ Seriously??!! Who in the right mind would pay anything close to those figures?! :shock: :shock:

Fair enough, I'm not exactly a "slave to fashion", but JESUS!! :roll:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I actually think they look ok - they look quite comfortable, but would hesitate paying even £50, let alone £500!!
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Dannie Boy wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:49 pm I actually think they look ok - they look quite comfortable, but would hesitate paying even £50, let alone £500!!
They do look comfortable, I agree. Like a slipper. The rather unique style just doesn't do it for me though. The cost price is apparently $76 which is higher than I expected.
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Lilac colored shoes. Seriously?