Buffalo style chicken wings.

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Buffalo style chicken wings.

Post by huahin4ever »

Anyone knows if and where they might have Buffalo style chicken wings similar to Hooters and Buffalo Wild Wings here in Hua Hin?

Earlier I found original style Buffalo Wing Sauce at Gourmet Market, but can't find it anymore.

Anyway I prefer eating out so if anyone knows where they might be available I would be greatful.

YNWA

YNWA
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Re: Buffalo style chicken wings.

Post by huahin4ever »

No Americans here which have Buffalo Wings cravings and could tell me where to find them in Hua Hin?

YNWA

YNWA
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

Just a suggestion - buy Wings from say Makro then Original Lousiana wing sauce from the supermarket in Bluport, cook and you will not find better. It will be the real deal
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

PET wrote:Just a suggestion - buy Wings from say Makro then Original Lousiana wing sauce from the supermarket in Bluport, cook and you will not find better. It will be the real deal
First of all I cannot find the sauce there anymore, second I do not like to cook so I was hoping a restaurant or more are making them. So the post from you did not answer my question.

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

YNWA
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

huahin4ever wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:42 pm
PET wrote:Just a suggestion - buy Wings from say Makro then Original Lousiana wing sauce from the supermarket in Bluport, cook and you will not find better. It will be the real deal
First of all I cannot find the sauce there anymore, second I do not like to cook so I was hoping a restaurant or more are making them. So the post from you did not answer my question.

:|

Think he/she was just trying to help.

:cheers:
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

Lost wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:40 pm
huahin4ever wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:42 pm

Yes Lost it was just a suggestion - just another miserable old bugger!!!
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

There is, of course, the problem that some expats may be living in places with no oven.
centermid7
Banned
Banned

Post by centermid7 »

PET wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:56 pm
huahin4ever wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:42 pm First of all I cannot find the sauce there anymore, second I do not like to cook so I was hoping a restaurant or more are making them. So the post from you did not answer my question.

I guess if want to characterize HH4 as as a "miserable old bugger" you can but the point of fact is you did NOT help nor does it provide any cover for "just trying to help" so I would say that makes you kinda dumb. It happens a lot on here. The request for info was straightforward.

Sorry HH, I do not know of such a place.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Oh for goodness sake. HH4 in his post mentioned that he'd found the sauce so was hinting at cooking maybe as an option. Pet's post was quite valid in offering an option.
When asked a specific question, it's not unreasonable to expect alternative answers.

Some people here are completely inept when it comes to conversation/debate.

:banghead:
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

centermid7 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:18 pm
PET wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:56 pm

I guess if want to characterize HH4 as as a "miserable old bugger" you can but the point of fact is you did NOT help nor does it provide any cover for "just trying to help" so I would say that makes you kinda dumb. It happens a lot on here. The request for info was straightforward.

Sorry HH, I do not know of such a place.
You didn't help either, what does that make you?

Seriously, some people don't deserve help. :roll:
This is the way
Thistle
Professional
Professional

Post by Thistle »

Personally i now hope the OP does not find a result after the totally inconsiderate comment he made to "PET"
Unbelievably obnoxious response when someone is only actually trying to help.
Go Bangkok,get off at Sala Daeng,down the silom staircase and Hooters is there for you.Go and enjoy.
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

I wonder if "PET" even read my OP?

I wrote that I "previously" had found wing sauce in Gourmet Market (which is in Bluport). So when I write previously it means they do not have the sauce for sale anymore!

I also wrote that I do not like to cook, so I prefer eating at a restaurant.

Thanks for the Bangkok Hooters advice. I will keep that in mind next time I'm there. If I'm not mistaken there is a Hooters in Pattaya too, so I can check that one out too if I will take the trip across the bay.

There is no need to be cross at either me or others, I just wanted answers to my OP.

And as a final point I cannot see what my age has to do with my OP at all, and I am in the age group between 40-50 btw, which is younger than most on this forum!

YNWA

YNWA
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

Enough said but if cooking then I give you ( and others) the sauce recipe from the Anchor Bar in Buffalo. New York where Buffalo wings were invented:- Heat 3tbs butter over low heat and when foaming remove from heat and add 2tbs Red wine vinegar and 2tbs hot red pepper sauce(or to taste) and pour sauce over the wings.
See easy - over and out too!!
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

PET wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:57 am Enough said but if cooking then I give you ( and others) the sauce recipe from the Anchor Bar in Buffalo. New York where Buffalo wings were invented:- Heat 3tbs butter over low heat and when foaming remove from heat and add 2tbs Red wine vinegar and 2tbs hot red pepper sauce(or to taste) and pour sauce over the wings.
See easy - over and out too!!
That's all fine, but still doesn't answer my questions. The one closest to answering my question has been "Thistle" though the answer is a location in Bangkok and not actually in Hua Hin area.

Anyway, I may try the tip you give above here, but one of my problems is that I have to deep fry the wings, and imho the best preparation would be to use an oven and bake the wings, which I unfortunately do not have.
YNWA
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I know it’s not exactly what you want, but if you have to resort to cooking yourself, you can buy a Turbo Oven that will fit on a worktop for 1000 Baht, which would be ideal for cooking buffalo wings