Hua Hin to Phuket

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
Geko
Professional
Professional

Hua Hin to Phuket

Post by Geko »

I have a friend arriving shortly for a short visit to HH before traveling on to Phuket.

I know there is a few options to do this trip but which is the best? He has considered going back up to BKK and flying down to Phuket but would prefer to keep moving South by Bus, Train or Taxi.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Hua Hin to Phuket

Post by Dannie Boy »

Overnight bus is a cheap option - I believe it takes about 10 hours. A taxi would be quicker but considerably more expensive. I believe there’s also an overnight train to Surat Thani and then Ferry or taxi/minibus to Phuket
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Ferry?
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

hhinner wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:04 pmFerry?
Sorry, I meant to put bus not ferry :oops:
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Another option that we do is drive, it's a full day but well marked. They could rent a car here and have it to use.
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Scout
Professional
Professional

Post by Scout »

When I was parked at the bridge, on northern tip of Phuket island, I set my GPS destination to my home in Hua Hin. The GPS calculated around 8.5 hours of driving time, and that would be with no stops. Since I was leaving midday I overnighted near Surat and enjoyed a leisurely drive over 2 days. If it was me thinking about a bus, I’d check out Lomprayah, I’ve never used them to Phuket but I enjoyed their service to the gulf islands.