Chang water in glass bottles

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
wenshidi
Professional
Professional

Chang water in glass bottles

Post by wenshidi »

I want to cut down on my usage of disposable plastic bottles.
I have seen some restaurants that have Chang water in glass bottles, but I am not sure where I can buy them in Hua Hin.
Does anybody know where I can buy and return crates of chang water?
Thanks in advance.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: Chang water in glass bottles

Post by HHTel »

Tesco, Villa, Big C, Family Mart, 7/11, Makro...... in fact I'm pretty sure the glass bottles of Chang water are available in most supermarkets. The cheapest way to buy is from a wholesaler who will give you a return on the empty bottles.
There is a wholesaler on Soi 94. I don't know the name but it's near Home Bar.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Same for Singha water.
wenshidi
Professional
Professional

Post by wenshidi »

I looked in most of those places this morning and could not see it anywhere. ;-(
Was I looking in the wrong place?
I did see Fiji water in glass bottles in tops but that stuff is ridiculous.
All I could find was plastic bottles everywhere else.
I will check Makro tomorrow.

So all those places accept returns too?
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I believe only the wholesalers will accept returns.
I made a point of looking in 2 x 7/11's tonight and lo and behold, Chang water and Singha were plain to see in glass bottles. Not sure where you're looking but they are very common.
T.O.M.
Banned
Banned

Post by T.O.M. »

HHTel wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:27 pm I believe only the wholesalers will accept returns.
I made a point of looking in 2 x 7/11's tonight and lo and behold, Chang water and Singha were plain to see in glass bottles. Not sure where you're looking but they are very common.
What you saw were probably soda water....The OP was enquiring about plain non-fizzed drinking water, which is way more uncommon unless you go to a wholesaler.
To the OP...Why not install a filter system to clean your tap water?
wenshidi
Professional
Professional

Post by wenshidi »

T.O.M. wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:01 am What you saw were probably soda water....The OP was enquiring about plain non-fizzed drinking water, which is way more uncommon unless you go to a wholesaler.
To the OP...Why not install a filter system to clean your tap water?
Yes, that is correct, plain old drinking water.
A filter is a good idea, but I also like to have bottles of water for friends and visitors.
Still, if I cannot easily source them then it might jut be a moot point.
Thanks anyway for the reply
T.O.M.
Banned
Banned

Post by T.O.M. »

There is a couple of drink wholesalers on the Palau Road.....Just after Mon Mai and on the corner with a 7-Eleven...Two big structures on your right hand side coming from HH....can't miss them.
Another wholesaler on soi 45.....200 meters down from Petchkasem on your left..
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Wenshide, I take it all back. As has been suggested, I was confusing soda water bottles.
I was in Makro this morning and purposely looked for glass bottled water. Plenty of imported stuff (which costs) but no Chang or Singha. Only plastic bottles.
So I guess the only option is through a wholesaler.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

T.O.M. wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:47 am There is a couple of drink wholesalers on the Palau Road.....Just after Mon Mai and on the corner with a 7-Eleven...Two big structures on your right hand side coming from HH...
Yes, that's where I go, it's a Chang wholesaler for the area, the service desk is just to the right of the supermarket which is all part of the same business.