Tires (or tyres)

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Tyre supplier

Post by sateeb »

europtimiste wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:11 pm There are many, prices depends on brand. Try Max shop after Big C on your right side.
Great if you want counterfeit tyres :cuss:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Re: Tires (or tyres)

Post by Nereus »

May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Re: Tyre supplier

Post by europtimiste »

sateeb wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:57 pm
europtimiste wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:11 pm There are many, prices depends on brand. Try Max shop after Big C on your right side.
Great if you want counterfeit tyres :cuss:
What you mean contrefait ? SLANDER. If not Michelin or Bridgestone, there are many other brands.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

I'm guessing you don't know the meaning of slander :tsk: :tsk: :tsk: :tsk:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Many urban myths surrounding car tyres. Not sure why some people think the product is any different to other consumer products. You get what you pay for! Buy a good quality, probably imported, tyre and it will last a lot longer than 4 years.

This "don't buy old stock" needs qualifying. It is proven that heat and exposure to the sun(UV light) is the biggest killer of car tyres. So it follows that it has to depend on where and how the "new" tyre is stored. If the dealer puts it outside on display in the sun, then expect it to start deteriorating, and don't buy it. If it is kept in the wrapping it came in from the factory, out of the sun in a cool store room how is it going to deteriorate? Yes, some evaporation of base chemicals can occur in storage, but it is a very slow and limited process when stored correctly. Ideally, any rubber product should be stored in an air conditioned room, more so in a hot climate, but that is unlikely to happen here.

A lot more reduction in tyre life is caused by bad maintenance, mostly incorrect running pressures, followed by wheel alignment and worn suspension. Parked out in the sun, being used or not, is also about the worst thing that can happen to a car tyre.

I have a set of "Nitto" LT 245/75 R16 tyres on my Land Rover. They were fitted on 09/05/2012 and have now done
42K Kms and look and ride as good as the day they were fitted. BUT, the car is rarely parked out in the sun, and the pressures are kept correct using the 4 psi rule that I have mentioned previously. I do not rotate their positions, and in that time have only had 2 of them repaired because of a nail. The steering and suspension is kept in good order. :thumb:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

sateeb wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:24 pm I'm guessing you don't know the meaning of slander :tsk: :tsk: :tsk: :tsk:
You must have some shares in a big name brand.
Is Yokohama. Deestome. Maxis, Toyo fake tyres for you ?
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Stop talking crap please.

I fitted what I thought were genuine Firestone tyres at that place. 18 months later when they needed replacing I was told by the fitter that they were cheap copies from China.

My bad, I'm not a petrol head. Caveat Emptor.

― George Carlin
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

I got new original Bridgestones for my Pajero Sport (new type). Same tires as the originals on the car, at Mitsu Cha Am. About 15k I believe I paid. After 2 years and more than 20k km, looking very good.

YNWA

YNWA
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Kwik (sp)? on Petchasem, near Index, is having a tire sale until the end of the month. They carry: Michelin, Pirelli, Bridgestone, Goddyear, Dunlop, Yokohama & Goodrich. They also offer a free complete car inspection. They don't do repairs so they have incentive to lie.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

handdrummer wrote:Kwik (sp)? on Petchasem, near Index, is having a tire sale until the end of the month. They carry: Michelin, Pirelli, Bridgestone, Goddyear, Dunlop, Yokohama & Goodrich. They also offer a free complete car inspection. They don't do repairs so they have incentive to lie.
I presume you meant “no incentive” to lie?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Could be a double bluff DB :naughty: :naughty:

― George Carlin
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

sateeb wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:04 am Stop talking crap please.

I fitted what I thought were genuine Firestone tyres at that place. 18 months later when they needed replacing I was told by the fitter that they were cheap copies from China.

I will not stop talking, because it's not crap.
Unfortunately some big mouths and small brains pretend knowing better, but show their ignorance.
The problem you had with Firestone tyres bought at that place is questionable. I don't know the problem.
Anyway those tyres were genuine, because Firestone has a factory in China as well Michelin and Dunlop in Thailand.
Those made in China might be cheaper than imported from abroad.
It's a shame to accuse well known shops to sell counterfeit without proof.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Dannie Boy wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:54 pm
handdrummer wrote:Kwik (sp)? on Petchasem, near Index, is having a tire sale until the end of the month. They carry: Michelin, Pirelli, Bridgestone, Goddyear, Dunlop, Yokohama & Goodrich. They also offer a free complete car inspection. They don't do repairs so they have incentive to lie.
I presume you meant “no incentive” to lie?

Excellent presumption! :thumb:
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

europtimiste wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:58 am
sateeb wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:04 am Stop talking crap please.

I will not stop talking, because it's not crap.
Unfortunately some big mouths and small brains pretend knowing better, but show their ignorance.
The problem you had with Firestone tyres bought at that place is questionable. I don't know the problem.
Anyway those tyres were genuine, because Firestone has a factory in China as well Michelin and Dunlop in Thailand.
Those made in China might be cheaper than imported from abroad.
It's a shame to accuse well known shops to sell counterfeit without proof.
It will be a cold day in hell before I take you and your posts seriously.

― George Carlin
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

We buy Yokohama brand at Kosol on petchkasem road and they last over 80 000 km