Team of Thai pickpockets hits Hua Hin

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Team of Thai pickpockets hits Hua Hin

Post by usual suspect »

Beware..over the last 2 nights a gang of male Thais have been pick-pocketing tourists. in/around the bar areas.
Male Thais hanging around the Binta-area after dark should raise suspicion
Be wary, but do not provoke...These men will attack you!

(I very much doubt any of this will have been caught on the numerous CCTVs around town )
Geko
Professional
Professional

Re: Team of Thai pickpockets hits Hua Hin

Post by Geko »

Where does your information come from? Has it happened to you or a friend or reported elsewhere?
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

Urban legend
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

Geko...! friend and the friend of a lady I know..The lady's friend was attacked..!!
uncle tom
Ace
Ace

Post by uncle tom »

US is always a reliable source. Any Thai men loafing around a bar area should be seen as seriously dodgy - take care..
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly...
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

I agree US has always been one of the most reliable sources of info on the BB goings-on.
The occasional thai guy can be a customer in the bar areas, but a group of them is suspicious.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Any Thai men loafing around a bar area should be seen as seriously dodgy
The occasional thai guy can be a customer in the bar areas, but a group of them is suspicious.
Has Hua Hin really dropped to this level? I rarely venture into the bar areas these days, but how sad. I remember writing on here 7 years ago about how sad it was that Thai men were banned from large areas of Pattaya - Drinking Street was the example I used.

One of the things that I liked about Hua Hin when I first started visiting was the fact that Thais and Farangs mingled in bar areas. This their country, surely they have as much right as Farangs to be in these areas.

My personal opinion is the remarks are coming across as very racist. Yes, we'll take your women to our beds, but woe betide any Thai men coming into our fun palaces - they must be criminals. When I originally saw the OP, I thought it was accidentally racist, but now others seem to be jumping on the band wagon. There is no wonder the opinion of some Thais is becoming anti-Farang.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I play against several pool teams from the 'block' in various leagues. In my experience these teams consist of both Thais and foreigners. There used to be a rule in some leagues limiting the number of Thais you could have in your team. Thankfully, that rule has gone, a rule I considered very racist.
I'm with BB on this one. I know lots of Thai people and I've found them to be like any other individual. Of course there are exceptions as in any country. There are foreigners here who sometimes make me ashamed.
We can talk about the massacre being committed on Thai roads which essentially is down to the lack of education and poor enforcement. We can talk about the gangs of youths that wander the streets in Bangkok causing trouble.

Or we could talk about the gangs of youths roaming around London 'tooled up' with knives etc. Nah! Let's just talk about how bad the Thai people are!!!!
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Are we sure they are Thai? Chinese pickpockets are very good at their work up in Chiang Mai, and their Cambodian counterparts in Pattaya. Perhaps some are branching out.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I’m sure this started as a well intended “be on your guard” advice, nothing at all with being racist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
stretch
Professional
Professional

Post by stretch »

Racism when I am expected to pay 3-5 times more than a Thai for most things because I'm Ferrang
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Okay, Asian pickpockets then!

Hmmm, hang on, that implies I am suggesting all Asians may be pickpockets!

Okay, let's try the skin tone and eye shape? Nooooooooooooooooo - way out of line. Don't you recall the furore over what Clarkson allegedly said?

Okay, here's the PC line:

It has been reported that a gang of males have been frequenting the Binta area. And it appears this has coincided with some reports of pickpocketing and assaults. However, we wish to stress that these males, if indeed they are males, who may or may not be males, or could even identify as gender neutral or female or as transgenders, may or may not be responsible for these alleged acts and any resemblance to them being Asian, or labelled as Asian, is a byproduct of prejudicial stereotypical views no longer accepted. They are neither Asian, nor male, nor pickpockets. They do not in fact exist and any resemblance to them being deemed responsible is due to prejudice and poor lighting.
Talk is cheap
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

stretch wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:09 pm Racism when I am expected to pay 3-5 times more than a Thai for most things because I'm Ferrang
Dual pricing happens all over the world in one form or another. If anything I would say that in Thailand it's much more transparent than other countries.
The main culprits of dual pricing here is the authorities, not the average Thai. You can't tar the whole population for dual pricing as it's not true.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

It has been reported that a gang of males have been frequenting the Binta area. And it appears this has coincided with some reports of pickpocketing and assaults. However, we wish to stress that these males, if indeed they are males, who may or may not be males, or could even identify as gender neutral or female or as transgenders, may or may not be responsible for these alleged acts and any resemblance to them being Asian, or labelled as Asian, is a byproduct of prejudicial stereotypical views no longer accepted. They are neither Asian, nor male, nor pickpockets. They do not in fact exist and any resemblance to them being deemed responsible is due to prejudice and poor lighting.
I get your point, caller. But you go 'off-PC' in Europe (or the States) and you're in trouble.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Erm, how this has turned into dual pricing and US/EU political correctness is beyond me ... and anyone clicking the title and wanting more info on a possible pick-pocketing spate in Hua Hin.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson