The world's worst tourists

This is the free for all area, live and unleashed, say what you like!
Bamboo Grove

The world's worst tourists

Post by Bamboo Grove »

There's been a lot of talk about the Chinese tourists here. Hong Kong published newspaper South China Morning Post puts the Chinese on top of the list of the worst tourist in the world but there are couple of interesting groups there, others than the Chinese. :D :D
There was a time when what happened on tour, stayed on tour. Not any more. Smartphones have changed the game, allowing holidaymakers (and hosts) to capture and upload clips of shocking behaviour to social media sites in glorious HD. Then there are the travel companies that gleefully divulge examples of nationally ranked naughtiness.
According to a 2015 survey by Hotels.com, Argentinians are most likely to steal items (not including toiletries) from their rooms. Sticky-fingered Singaporeans took silver, so to speak, while Hongkongers were among the more trustworthy hotel guests.
But which nationality horrifies locals the most and leaves fellow citizens cringing with embarrassment at their antics? In no particular order, let the crude stereo­typing begin.
More

https://www.scmp.com/magazines/post-mag ... -stand-out
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Re: The world's worst tourists

Post by handdrummer »

When I was in China, in a clothing store, a German man & I began a conversation. After a few minutes he asked where I was from? I told him, the US. He said, you can't be, your very soft spoken and Americans are very loud. I showed him my passport and he finally believed me. Years ago, in Europe, I'd go out of my way to avoid Americans, even to the point of saying that I was Canadian. No one dislikes Canadians. Or didn't. Sometimes I'd speak in a made up language to avoid having to talk to Americans. An Aussie friend and I would carry on whole conversations, in public, in Paris, in made up languages. Nobody bothered us.
arcadianagain
Ace
Ace

Post by arcadianagain »

handdrummer wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:54 am When I was in China, in a clothing store, a German man & I began a conversation. After a few minutes he asked where I was from? I told him, the US. He said, you can't be, your very soft spoken and Americans are very loud. I showed him my passport and he finally believed me. Years ago, in Europe, I'd go out of my way to avoid Americans, even to the point of saying that I was Canadian. No one dislikes Canadians. Or didn't. Sometimes I'd speak in a made up language to avoid having to talk to Americans. An Aussie friend and I would carry on whole conversations, in public, in Paris, in made up languages. Nobody bothered us.
Surely your Hawaiian shirt and too small ball cap would have given you away
:cheers:
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

arcadianagain wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:13 pm
handdrummer wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:54 am When I was in China, in a clothing store, a German man & I began a conversation. After a few minutes he asked where I was from? I told him, the US. He said, you can't be, your very soft spoken and Americans are very loud. I showed him my passport and he finally believed me. Years ago, in Europe, I'd go out of my way to avoid Americans, even to the point of saying that I was Canadian. No one dislikes Canadians. Or didn't. Sometimes I'd speak in a made up language to avoid having to talk to Americans. An Aussie friend and I would carry on whole conversations, in public, in Paris, in made up languages. Nobody bothered us.
And the 'fanny pack' (bum bag to us Brits).

:D
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Lost wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:21 pm
arcadianagain wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:13 pm
And the 'fanny pack' (bum bag to us Brits).

:D
Hawaiian shirts are good!!
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Hawaiian shirts are best worn with the front tucked in and tail hanging out and really look sharp with a basque beret. Baseball caps can start arguments if the other person is a fan of a rival team.

"Fanny pack" might get you attacked by a mob of irate feminazis in dear olde blighty. I always wore mine in front to protect the family jewels and keep an eye on my francs.