CP - Tesco deal approved

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: CP - Tesco deal approved

Post by hhinner »

^^ Low tat
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Thailightzone wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:03 pm
Pinoydave wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:34 pm Just seems a silly name...... why not “Lotus Smart” if that’s what the “s” is supposed to be
Apparently the "s" is supposed to stand for Super. I don't know how they figured apostrophe s = super.

I think they should have consulted with English speaking marketing professionals before deciding upon this 🤔
The 's' stands for 'Smart' according to CP's statement.
The new branding reflects a livelier and more vibrant shopping experience that will offer customers "a little delight every day''. The drop pin that appears in the new logo signifies that Lotus's is a one-store destination for customers while the S at the end stands for "Smart'' in all aspects, driven by four differentiators: total smart supply chain and innovative products; seamless omnichannel experience; integrated technology and data innovation and committed sustainability living, according to the spokesman.
Thailightzone
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Thailightzone »

Instore rebranding has already commenced. I just purchased a Lotus's banana ..

Thailightzone
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Thailightzone »

I was expecting a 7-eleven style green, red, orange colour scheme, but they went with turquoise & yellow, but what do I know, I'm not in marketing.

Then again, I'm positive most marketing is a bunch of overpaid artsy people who are just as clueless and spend 90% of their time figuring out how to make their roles withing the company sound complex and necessary between expensive client lunches & junkets.

Can you tell I am simply a jealous ex Engineer?
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Thailightzone wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:04 pm Instore rebranding has already commenced. I just purchased a Lotus's banana ..

I've never understood why some places insist on wrapping bananas in plastic. Single bananas no less. They literally have their own natural packaging already on them.

:banghead:
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

It's been said many many times before. Before Covid when the emphasis was on reducing plastic and 7/11 claimed they'd cut plastic bags by a huge amount and 'bragging' that they'd been able to send tens of thousands of baht to charity. I took a picture of a multi-shelved stand full of individually bagged bananas and sent it to CP. Of course, I didn't get any response.
Thailightzone
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Thailightzone »

Lost wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:19 am
I've never understood why some places insist on wrapping bananas in plastic. Single bananas no less. They literally have their own natural packaging already on them.

:banghead:
Yeah I'm likely paying 50% for the packaging. Thailand has long long way to go on reducing plastic packaging.