Vitamin supplements

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Re: Vitamin supplements

Post by thecolonel »

HHTel wrote:
What exactly are yours called?
https://www.lazada.co.th/products/silve ... y&search=1
Link is for 250 I thought you said 325 maybe you quoted wrong quantity earlier... I will assume link is correct thank you

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Just look through. They have every size and type of centrum. I just picked the first one that matched what I have
duan

Post by duan »

Has anyone seen Complan in HH which is a vitamin powder you mix with water or milk?
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

I take Centrum with the added extras like lycopene which makes the pills a little darker than the normal ones. Other than that then I take any individual vitamins/minerals I deem needed from the Blackmores range. Usually, the extra ones I take are basically the more powerful anti-oxidants like standardized grape seed extract or bilberry as their anti-inflammatory properties are good, along with the OPC/anthocyanoside factor that help all sorts of things from blood health to eyes to free radical mop up etc. etc.

Aside that, then a magnesium supplement is a good idea and I like the buffeted vit C Blackmores tablet as it's got stuff like resveratrol/rose hips in it. Also worth having a look at is astaxanthin. One mineral that is often over-looked is zinc,especially in males if you are sexually active as zinc makes ...well, you know what.
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

HHTel wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:32 pm Just look through. They have every size and type of centrum. I just picked the first one that matched what I have
gotcha!
buksida

Post by buksida »

I order from here and stock up whenever I go back: https://www.zipvit.co.uk/

Not sure if they ship to Thailand or customs will let anything through without stinging you.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Spitfire wrote:I take Centrum with the added extras like lycopene which makes the pills a little darker than the normal ones. Other than that then I take any individual vitamins/minerals I deem needed from the Blackmores range. Usually, the extra ones I take are basically the more powerful anti-oxidants like standardized grape seed extract or bilberry as their anti-inflammatory properties are good, along with the OPC/anthocyanoside factor that help all sorts of things from blood health to eyes to free radical mop up etc. etc.

Aside that, then a magnesium supplement is a good idea and I like the buffeted vit C Blackmores tablet as it's got stuff like resveratrol/rose hips in it. Also worth having a look at is astaxanthin. One mineral that is often over-looked is zinc,especially in males if you are sexually active as zinc makes ...well, you know what.
Crikey! Don't get me wrong there's some quality helpful info in these responses and you guys clearly know a lot about this stuff.

But Jeez I thought buying vitamims would be easy! Image Not helped by the fact that the older I get the more I deliberate over decisions as I don't want to make the wrong one! Image

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

Vitamins are expensive in Thailand and I buy from USA using iHerb or GNC if I can send to a friend who will bring them here. Much cheaper and sometimes shipping is free with iHerb
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

PET wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:37 pm Vitamins are expensive in Thailand and I buy from USA using iHerb or GNC if I can send to a friend who will bring them here. Much cheaper and sometimes shipping is free with iHerb
Shipping in the US is free but not overseas.
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

I have also had it free to Thailand with some of their offers - you just have to catch the right day!
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

https://th.iherb.com/search?sug=milk%20 ... tle&rank=0

Shipping costs are reasonable, but delivery is slow during this Covid era. Expect a month or so. If your order is less than 1,500 Baht there is no problem with Customs charges.

IHerb has just about any kind of vitamin and supplement you can think of or need.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
buksida

Post by buksida »

Sorry modified my post and it disappeared! Yeah I checked iHerb but to ship from the states seems just as expensive as buying them here. Anything closer, say Singapore based?

Laz have them, but at quadruple the price naturally. In the UK I can get a year's supply for 25 quid, here they cost that for 100 pills at half the strength. :guns:
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

The only problem I've had with iherb is that in the last year 3 packages "disappeared" after they reached Thailand. When a package reaches Thailand and goes to customs then, to the PO, the PO assigns a new number to the package and doesn't keep a record of the shippers number. If a package doesn't get delivered and you go to the post office, the only number you have is the shippers number and they can't trace it. Al they can tell you is when the package arrived in Thailand. Consequently, I stopped ordering from iherb. I now buy almost everything I need from Fascino in MV. What they don't have I get from Boots. The quality isn't the same but it's better than nothing. The main things to look out for are: Propylene Glycol (anti-freeze) and Titanium Oxide (white paint), unless you're body is missing those ingredients/
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I've been taking Centrum Silver for over 50's (Pfizer) for many months now. Is there any added benefit from Iherb over Centrum.
I notice that Iherb for the over 50's seem to be in packs of 60 (2 a day) giving one month.
Centrum Silver 50+ comes in with 250 tabs (one a day) giving a little over 8 months supply at a little over double the price.

Centrum certainly has the better price. So what other differences are there. I've been pleased with Centrum but I'm curious to learn whether Iherb is better.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

I get the below. They are 1 a day but I don't know how they compare in cost to Centrum + shipping. I can definitely feel the boost from them which surprised me initially, so I decided to take them regularly. They are more than just your basic vitamins. There is a warning that some ingredients my interfere with certain medications.

https://th.iherb.com/pr/Nature-s-Way-Al ... lets/41886

EDIT: They are horse size pills though. If you have a tough time swallowing a large tablet you'll need to cut or grind it.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source