Vitamin supplements

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
PeteC

Re: Vitamin supplements

Post by PeteC »

^ August 16 and delivered today. Origin California then via Germany.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Note: As always it was ordered under the wife's Thai name. That may help or it may not, but we've never been charged any customs duty when addressing it this way.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

PeteC wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:15 pm My IHerb just arrived also via DHL Post Plus (EMS). 1,257 Baht value, not duty charged.
In my case above just 4 weeks
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

I'm sure I mentioned before, but just in case. I always ship to my wife, in fact I use a fake last name for my son on the return address, also Thai. Only problems I have ever had was customs seizing a few boxes over the last 51.2 years.

Received a box the other day he sent, not cigars, just some stuff I forgot to pack. Took about 2 weeks to get here and no tax.
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Second IHerb order arrived. No duty charged. 1,090 Baht value. Via DHL Post Plus again. Departed California August 30 via Germany, arrived this morning.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

PeteC wrote:Second IHerb order arrived. No duty charged. 1,090 Baht value. Via DHL Post Plus again. Departed California August 30 via Germany, arrived this morning.
I need to buy from I herb

But not multi vits if I'm totally honest(nivea after shave balm, hey we all use something right?)

What's the odds on no duty?

Sent from my M2007J20CT using Tapatalk

PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

thecolonel wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:50 pm
PeteC wrote:Second IHerb order arrived. No duty charged. 1,090 Baht value. Via DHL Post Plus again. Departed California August 30 via Germany, arrived this morning.
I need to buy from I herb

But not multi vits if I'm totally honest(nivea after shave balm, hey we all use something right?)

What's the odds on no duty?

If the cost is under Bht1,500 I understand there is no duty - my last two orders were duty free
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

PET wrote:
thecolonel wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:50 pm

If the cost is under Bht1,500 I understand there is no duty - my last two orders were duty free
Cheers

buksida

Post by buksida »

Just made another order from iHerb, some Flaxseed oil supplements for a pal - hope all is the same, total was about $40 including shipping for 2 pots with two year's supply. Equivalent cost for the same product in Thailand would have been over 4,500 baht :shock:
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

I ordered from Iherb back in October. They gave me an expected delivery date between Nov 10 and Dec 22. Tracking showed it entered Thailand Nov 1 but still not here. Iherb said wait until after the expected delivery period is over.
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Sounds like it went the way of handdrummer's missing orders ... doesn't take six weeks to send from Bangkok to Hua Hin. :shock:

Seems like the whole thing is a lottery - I wonder if iHerb has any stats on the percentage of deliveries to Thailand that go missing after entering the country.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

You have to use the more expensive shipping, the one that arrives via DHL or similar, and then goes into the Thai Post EMS system. These have a tracking number. I think the difference in shipping cost is about USD 3?
buksida

Post by buksida »

Yeah, I paid about $5 for the 'plus' shipping option - we'll see if it arrives.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

buksida wrote:Sounds like it went the way of handdrummer's missing orders ... doesn't take six weeks to send from Bangkok to Hua Hin. :shock:

Seems like the whole thing is a lottery - I wonder if iHerb has any stats on the percentage of deliveries to Thailand that go missing after entering the country.
Same for me(nivea after shave, pilfered after entry into Thailand)

I spoke to i Herb who refunded me. They said they're looking into other delivery methods. Certainly not going well

I note what Pete says but i Herb themselves stated that that was the "only" post option available to me (ie DHL to Thai then Thailand Post to Hua Hin).

I wonder why they would say that(if there's another way)? I've not checked about reordering using Pete's suggestion.....

thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

buksida wrote:Yeah, I paid about $5 for the 'plus' shipping option - we'll see if it arrives.
Ah, just seen this... Will check.

Actually I'll wait to see if you get yours.

Please update us, thanks