Camera repairs

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Camera repairs

Post by richard »

I've a Canon Ixus digital camera that has thrown a wobbly.

Took it back to the suppliers (it's 2 years old) who of course sent it to BK, who of course came back saying they could not sort it

Anybody know 'a man who can' ???
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
chawmerchant
Novice
Novice

Post by chawmerchant »

I have a cannon IXUSI thrown a wobbly also the flash no longer works also looking to find a shop who can fix it mine is also 2 years old
Wanderlust
Legend
Legend

Post by Wanderlust »

I also have a Canon Digital Ixus 400 which 'threw a wobbly' about 2 weeks ago, and is about 20 months old. However I bought mine in the UK so couldn't go back to the shop I bought it in. I called the Canon Service Centre in Bangkok (got the details from their website) and spoke to a guy there who said to either send it or bring it in. Obviously i don't know if our problems are the same (doesn't sound like they are as mine will only show a blurred image on the lcd screen, and the service guy said it was some component inside that needed replacing, and it would be free if it was that) but I will take it in the next time I am in Bangkok, because I don't trust the post after some bad experiences!
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Thanks wonderlust. Mine has the same problem. Next trip to BK I'll go in there. I suspect the shop I bought it from here didn't even bother to send it to BK. Sales but no support!!!
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Sorry Wanderlust, spelling is sh*t :cheers:
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Canon service center in Bangkok are very good with reasonable charges.

Take my EOS SLR there for service and the odd part from time to time. See many customers with small digitals getting repairs. They have always serviced and replaced parts for me within the hour.

Hope that helps.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

What's the address?
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Get Off at Chong Nonsi BTS and walk if travelling via BTS.

Canon Marketing (Thailand) Co., Ltd.

Address 9th - 10th Fl.,179/34-45 Bangkok City Tower,
South Sathorn Road Thungmahamek,Sathorn,
Bangkok 10120
Thailand

Tel +662-344-9999

Fax +662-344-9910

Email info@canon.in.th

Website http://www.canon.co.th
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Thanks Jimmy
RICHARD OF LOXLEY