Effects of Covid-19 on Education Worldwide

Temporary sub-forum for all news, updates, developments and discussion on Coronavirus/Covid-19 in Hua Hin, Thailand and globally. Any and all topics on the outbreak will be moved into this forum for ease of information access.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: Effects of Covid-19 on Education Worldwide

Post by HHTel »

My grandson finally started in house learning at his 'new' school today. The students have been split into two i.e. A and B. So school on alternate days. However, before starting class, they have to be checked with an ATK test.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

HHTel wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:50 am However, before starting class, they have to be checked with an ATK test.
What will the frequency of the test be?

I've heard varying reports about these tests. Although anybody can buy/do the tests, they say many aren't trained properly, so the results are not so good. Who will do the test? If it's the school, I'm surprised because it seems they shy away from anything medical these days. If its the untrained parents, does the test carry any value?

For completeness, my son should really be tested regularly, but how to get it done properly without costing an arm and a leg.

[Edit] Everything I've said is hearsay, I don't know the facts. I'm hoping my questions will draw some actual facts out.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

This morning my grandson was led off with the rest to be tested before classes can start. I'll find out more when we pick him up.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

:thanks:

Your feedback is important to me.

Points 51; Position 21
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

The daughter was back at her IS full time starting last Friday. Professionally administered ATK test required, then random 10% will be selected for a home ATK every week on Friday, results sent to school on Sunday before 1600 hours. Other than that an automated declaration form to be submitted electronically every Monday, Wednesday, Friday attesting to her physical condition, any travels out of her immediate hometown area, and attendance at any risky venues, areas.

I would think that if things go well in the lead up to the Term/Christmas break in 3 weeks, the automated reporting will stop when Term 2 starts. The 10% ATK testing will probably continue.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

PeteC wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:22 pm Professionally administered ATK test required
Those are the words I was expecting to see. Can you expand please i.e. professional by who/cost e.g. does the school have a nurse, did somebody come into the school, or did somebody just read what was written on the packet?.

Points 51; Position 21
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I’ve had to do at least 5 tests myself - they’re not that difficult to do, although quite unpleasant. There are lots of videos available showing you what to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, but hearsay again, I've read most people will not put themselves through the necessary discomfort to achieve a proper result.

Points 51; Position 21
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Big Boy wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:30 pm
PeteC wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:22 pm Professionally administered ATK test required
Those are the words I was expecting to see. Can you expand please i.e. professional by who/cost e.g. does the school have a nurse, did somebody come into the school, or did somebody just read what was written on the packet?.
600 Baht at a local clinic by a doctor/nurse and certificate issued that had to be transmitted to the school. Result while you waited, about 15 minutes. The school provided a list of "approved" clinics.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Just picked up my grandson from school (Salesian). His test was administered by a nurse at the school. He's been told that he'll be tested twice a month.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Was it free, or did he have to pay?

Points 51; Position 21
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

It's free. So it should as they've made good profits from the closures.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Good news, thank you.

Points 51; Position 21
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

So much for school opening. Salesian tested M4 today. They test a year each day. M4 produced positive tests. One boy who tested positive has siblings and a cousin in the lower grades. On retesting the younger classes, more positives were found. The whole family of the boy tested today have now shown positive.
Consequently, after just one week, the school has been closed again and back to online learning.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Not just Salesian, my granddaughter's school, Hua Hin School, has also closed. Nobody tested positive, but as a precaution.

Points 51; Position 21