Covid19 - updates on immigration and visa extensions

Temporary sub-forum for all news, updates, developments and discussion on Coronavirus/Covid-19 in Hua Hin, Thailand and globally. Any and all topics on the outbreak will be moved into this forum for ease of information access.
KhunLA
Guru
Guru

Any truth to 'proof of vaccination' for visa extension

Post by KhunLA »

On AN someone posted, 'friend told me' (yea I know), that vaccination was required to extend -O- visa at HH. Then someone suggested, vax confirmation maybe needed simply to enter Imm building. Sounds like BS to me.

Any 1st hand knowledge last week of being turned away. I'll call to verify tomorrow, but curious if anyone had an issue going there Thurs or Fri, 2nd or 3rd Dec.
buksida

Re: Covid19 - updates on immigration and visa extensions

Post by buksida »

DId mine a few days ago and was asked for no such thing. Simple temp check and in you go. No insurance, no vax requirements (renewed on Nov 26).
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
KhunLA
Guru
Guru

Post by KhunLA »

Thank you.

Also noticed my query was moved, THANKS again for that, as wasn't sure where to put, and yea, yet another covid thread 🤣
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

KhunLA, I did read a few weeks back that there was one Immigration Office enforcing it. It wasn't local, so I didn't say anything, and couldn't tell you where (something in the Back of my mind says Bangkok, somewhere, but can't be certain). Hua Hin are normally sensible.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

It brings up a good question though. If the country demands that foreign and Thai citizen arrivals need to have proper vaccinations, it may not be long before they insist that foreigners living here have them also. They don't seem to want to mandate that all Thai citizens already here be vaccinated, not yet anyway.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
KhunLA
Guru
Guru

Post by KhunLA »

Big Boy wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:16 pm KhunLA, I did read a few weeks back that there was one Immigration Office enforcing it. It wasn't local, so I didn't say anything, and couldn't tell you where (something in the Back of my mind says Bangkok, somewhere, but can't be certain). Hua Hin are normally sensible.
Read the same I believe, and KPN island.
PeteC wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:27 pm It brings up a good question though. If the country demands that foreign and Thai citizen arrivals need to have proper vaccinations, it may not be long before they insist that foreigners living here have them also. They don't seem to want to mandate that all Thai citizens already here be vaccinated, not yet anyway.
Suspect the same thing, and my thinking was, since not a fan of mRNAs, would get the Sinovac while the short supplies are still available, JIC.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Renewed my extension on Tuesday. No extra paperwork/checks required. The university girl downstairs just gave everyone a green sticker without even checking temperature.

Now for the gripe:
In all the time I've been here I've always sung the praises of our immigration both for efficiency and speed. My shortest renewal visit is 20 mins and my longest still well under the hour. Even before they moved to HH the Singkhon office processed the paperwork in around 15 mins. (not counting the drive there and back which is a long trek)

Now it's 'streamlined' by having all your paperwork checked before being called upstairs. Sounds like a plus. Having waited downstairs for the best part of an hour, I was eventually called upstairs to find the office milling with people waiting. Took a ticket number. Only 6 numbers in front of me!! 90 mins later my number eventually came up. Time at the desk who when complete passed it to individual 1 for further checking. She in turn passed it to number 2 to check again before finally passed to the boss for signing. Another 10 mins waiting before being returned to me.

A total of around 2 and a half hours!! Never before have I waited for such a long time. Progress!!!!
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

I had the same experience on Tues.

I handed in the paperwork for my marriage visa a month ago and returned this past Tues. to get my passport stamped and 90-day ticket. I waited 2 1/2 hours for my turn. 5 people in front of me. There's only 1 officer who does the yearly renewals. He's a nice person and very quick and efficient but the system is completely FUBAR.
m_right
Guru
Guru

Covid extension

Post by m_right »

My tourist visa expires Feb 2. I want to stay until April. I have two questions for anyone who has valid information. Not "I would think".
Can I get an extension at Blueport which will add 30 days to my Feb 2 date?
Is it possible to get a Covid extension after that and for how long?

Thanks
"Religion is What Keeps the Poor from Murdering the Rich" -- Napoleon Bonaparte
FarangJon
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Covid extension

Post by FarangJon »

Yes go to bluport and it’s 1900 baht and very easy. The Covid extensions ends Jan 25 but they have been extending them for 2 years, albeit at the final hour. I would talk to the folks at bluport and figure out your options. Covid extension are done at main immigration but you can’t get one until you have exhausted your regular 30 day extension.
FarangJon
Amateur
Amateur

Post by FarangJon »

Interesting facts:

60 day covid extensions started on Nov 1st and have been extended every 2 months since then.
Here's how it's worked out with them signing the order allowing the next 2 months of the 60 day covid extension program

60 Day Covid Extension implementation
Nov 1st to Jan 29th

60 day Covid Extension continued 1st round
Jan 28th signed <- one days before the program ran out
Jan30th - March 30th

60 day Covid Extension continued 2nd round
March 30th signed <- the day the program ran
Mar 31th to May 29th

60 day Covid extension continued 3rd round
Signed May 30th <- the day AFTER the program ran out
May 30th to July 29th

60 day Covid extension continued 4th round
Signed July 16th <- 13 days before the program ran out
July 30th to Sept 27th

60 day Covid extension continued 5th round
Signed Sept 20th <- 7 days before the program ran out
Sept 28th to Nov 26th

60 day Covid extension continued 6th round
Signed 23 Nov <- 3 days before the program ran out
Nov 27th to Jan 25th

So you can see there is NO rhyme or reason as to when they actually sign the order making it official that the 60 day covid extension program runs for another 2 months
m_right
Guru
Guru

Post by m_right »

Will a tourist visa extension ad 30 days to my Feb 2 date or 30 days from the day of extension.

Also

Has anyone from the U.S gotten a covid extension?
Dakling
Novice
Novice

Post by Dakling »

It will be 30 days from the date stamped in your passport ie from Feb 2nd. I did my 30 day extension on 60 day tourist visa yesterday and stamped until 6th March.
m_right
Guru
Guru

Post by m_right »

Thanks. I didn't want to go too soon.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

When/if we spot a more official announcement we'll post it.

Deadline to apply for 60-day “Covid” visa extension pushed to March 25

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/dead ... o-march-25

While there has been no formal announcement, it appears the deadline to apply for the 60-day “Covid” visa extension scheme has been pushed to March 25. The deadline was set for today, but a signed document from Thai Immigration leaked last night shows that foreigners can now apply for the visa extension for another two months.

The visa extension scheme is intended for foreigners who cannot leave Thailand due to cancelled flights and travel restrictions related to the ongoing pandemic. The scheme has been extended numerous times, and an announcement has typically been made at the last minute, sometimes even after the deadline or by a document leaked on social media.

Checklist for the 60-day Covid-19 visa extension…

TM.7 Application for extension of temporary stay in the Kingdom
TM.30 Notification of residence with a signature from landlord or hotel manager
Passport photo 4 x 6 centimetres
Copy of passport identification page and all pages related to current visa
A letter from home country’s embassy in Thailand
1,900 baht visa extension fee

Applying in Bangkok?

At the Bangkok Immigration Office, those who recently travelled, or who visited areas considered to be at high risk of Covid-19 transmission, are required to undergo an on-site rapid antigen test before entering.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source