Hua Hin bars closed/or reopening?

Temporary sub-forum for all news, updates, developments and discussion on Coronavirus/Covid-19 in Hua Hin, Thailand and globally. Any and all topics on the outbreak will be moved into this forum for ease of information access.
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Re: Bars closed/Now reopening?

Post by europtimiste »

More and more bars are open and sell alcohol. All bars and restaurants should open and sell openly alcohol and customers should be in number there. What would the dictators do ? Would they send the army ?
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

europtimiste wrote:More and more bars are open and sell alcohol. All bars and restaurants should open and sell openly alcohol and customers should be in number there. What would the dictators do ? Would they send the army ?
Silly comment about Army, suggesting bars should/can just ignore Police

Recently, one of the busiest bars/restaurants in whole of Hua Hin(maybe THE busiest actually, it was like New years eve on there on Loy Kratong... rampacked!)

They had a 'formal' visit from the Police for selling alcohol. They have had to comply or risk losing licence permanently, which could affect the property itself for 5/10 years

Not sold alcohol for almost 2 weeks now and won't do so until ban officially lifted.

Suffice to say if, and it's an IF, the Police decide to take 'proper' action, under the law, then you're screwed and it's game over. To suggest the Police can just be disregarded, and they would need the Army, is utter nonsense.

In reality, selective bars activities are ignored by authorities(thankfully) ... so draw your own conclusions.

Sent from my M2007J20CT using Tapatalk

europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

thecolonel wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:56 pm
europtimiste wrote:More and more bars are open and sell alcohol. All bars and restaurants should open and sell openly alcohol and customers should be in number there. What would the dictators do ? Would they send the army ?

Recently, one of the busiest bars/restaurants in whole of Hua Hin(maybe THE busiest actually, it was like New years eve on there on Loy Kratong... rampacked!)

They had a 'formal' visit from the Police for selling alcohol. They have had to comply or risk losing licence permanently, which could affect the property itself for 5/10 years

Not sold alcohol for almost 2 weeks now and won't do so until ban officially lifted.

Suffice to say if, and it's an IF, the Police decide to take 'proper' action, under the law, then you're screwed and it's game over. To suggest the Police can just be disregarded, and they would need the Army, is utter nonsense.

In reality, selective bars activities are ignored by authorities(thankfully) ... so draw your own conclusions.
What I suggested is a kind of uprising, police cannot intervene, so what could they do ? Send the army COLONEL ? 555 why not general ? 555
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

europtimiste wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:07 pm
thecolonel wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:56 pm

What I suggested is a kind of uprising, police cannot intervene, so what could they do ? Send the army COLONEL ? 555 why not general ? 555
What you're suggesting is fighting city hall with a plate of pad thai.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Exactly, the police raids have everyone living in fear. Pay them handsomely and you may be able to serve alcohol in coffee mugs. It is not a nice environment to be in, especially for tourists which is probably why there are none.

Things are more relaxed out of the cities where there aren't roving packs of cops enforcing junta edicts and shaking down restaurants and bars.

We all know alcohol has nothing to do with covid - this is all to do with control.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

According to various posts on FB today alcohol can now be served until 10pm

I'll let the experts translators detail the T&Cs

But as we know practically speaking few will follow the strict rules and many will just open up and sell alcohol

I'm sure more accurate posts will follow....

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Father Teds has announced Hua Hin has been granted SHA+ approval, and such restaurants can now serve alcohol.

Still to be confirmed, I think. Clever people, please confirm.
1.jpg
(289.41 KiB) Downloaded 682 times
2.jpg
(136.48 KiB) Downloaded 682 times
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Big Boy wrote:Father Teds has announced Hua Hin has been granted SHA+ approval, and such restaurants can now serve alcohol.

Still to be confirmed, I think. Clever people, please confirm.
1.jpg
2.jpg
Source at Le Pub says they will be selling booze again

Whether that's strictly for dining customers only remains to be seen...

thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Hua Hin Today
Home Hua Hin News
Hua Hin NewsLocal News
Hua Hin restaurants allowed to serve alcohol
By Paul Andrews -December 3, 202105

Restaurants in Hua Hin are now allowed to serve alcohol.

According to an order from the Governor of Prachuap Khiri Khan, restaurants can serve alcohol to customers until 10pm.

Restaurants must have an SHA or SHA+ safety certification to be able to serve alcohol, the order stated.

Any establishment serving alcohol without the necessary safety certification will be in breach of the provincial order.

The order applies only to restaurants in Hua Hin and Nong Khae districts.

The order from the governor was actually dated Nov 30th but was only made public on Friday (Dec 3)

HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

How many of those bars who have applied for restaurant licences and got them will have an SHA certificate. Answers on a postcard!

Still TIT
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Big Boy wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:05 pm I wasn't there, but my son and his wife said the dining room was about 50% full, and nobody was drinking. They brought out a bottle of non-alcoholic bubbly (don't ask me why :shock:), and even that was very closely scrutinised. Afterwards they moved to the rooftop bar for cake, and there was strictly no alcohol there either.
Just doubled down on this with my daughter. In both the Intercontinental and Holiday Inn they asked if they could have a bottle of wine. The restaurant manager in both cases said they could but it would have to be decanted into a aluminium jug.

So no different to many bars.

Anyway, the problem seems to have gone away after the governor's announcement.
Geko
Professional
Professional

Post by Geko »

HHTel wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:06 pm How many of those bars who have applied for restaurant licences and got them will have an SHA certificate. Answers on a postcard!

Still TIT
Check out the web site to show which have SHA, SHA+ or SHA+Extra Csertificates, sure the site will also tell you what the 3 difference are?

https://www.thailandsha.com/index
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I wonder, now there will be legal options to buy alcohol, will the BIB start clamping down on those bars without the correct certification?

Despite falling down the last couple of times I drank a couple of beers, I will try to see if I'm cured tonight :shock:. I've already been told by the bar, "No food, no beer," which isn't a problem for me. If I fall down tonight, that'll be me and beer finished forever.

Points 51; Position 21
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Stay with Guinness. :thumb:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Guinness has been the problem. It has had a bad reaction to my medication. One last try tonight :shock:

Points 51; Position 21