A Covid-19 experience

Temporary sub-forum for all news, updates, developments and discussion on Coronavirus/Covid-19 in Hua Hin, Thailand and globally. Any and all topics on the outbreak will be moved into this forum for ease of information access.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: A Covid-19 experience

Post by HHTel »

You were right, Pete. By 4am she was at the front of the hospital waiting for transport.

So her journey back was:
Houston to Doha
Doha to BKK
Bkk to hotel in Pattaya
Pattaya to hospital in Sattahip.
Now:
Sattahip to hotel in Pattaya
Pattaya to Mor Chit BTS station
Then she'll get a taxi to Nongkaam (her grandmother)
And eventually a lift to HH.

Quite a route! But she's smiling!
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

HHTel wrote:You were right, Pete. By 4am she was at the front of the hospital waiting for transport.

So her journey back was:
Houston to Doha
Doha to BKK
Bkk to hotel in Pattaya
Pattaya to hospital in Sattahip.
Now:
Sattahip to hotel in Pattaya
Pattaya to Mor Chit BTS station
Then she'll get a taxi to Nongkaam (her grandmother)
And eventually a lift to HH.

Quite a route! But she's smiling!
So did she have to got to hospital in Sattahip in particular?

I'm curious if the trip to Pattaya was mandatory(report for covid testing??) or her choice, bearing in mind it seems her ultimate destination is here in HH

I ask because I want to know what my Son may have to face if he comes

Anyway, good news for your family

Sent from my M2007J20CT using Tapatalk

HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

She had no say in any of her movements. She was sent to the hotel in Pattaya as that was designated to take all returnees from the US.
After her 'positive' result, she was transferred to a hospital in Sattahip where she's spent the last 2 weeks. Again she had no say in this.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

She's home along with Som Tam take-away.

Her eldest son (12) said "Hi" as if she'd just been to the shops and without lifting his head from his phone.
Her middle daughter (7) was uncontrollably excited and wouldn't leave her side.
Her youngest daughter (3 only last week) so far has completely ignored her! Maybe thinks she's just a visitor passing by!!
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

When you have a moment after family time.....

As you're clearly our resident expert on this matter now, I wonder if you could briefly summarise the procedure for someone coming in from say UK depending on negative /positive tests on arrival and what happens then etc etc. And what they need to come with

Maybe with small ref to visa types.

As mentioned I want to know what my son would be up against

Or refer me to a good link which sets it all out

Much obliged, enjoy the family party!

Sent from my M2007J20CT using Tapatalk

GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

Post by GroveHillWanderer »

HHTel wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:37 pm She's home along with Som Tam take-away.

Her eldest son (12) said "Hi" as if she'd just been to the shops and without lifting his head from his phone.
Her middle daughter (7) was uncontrollably excited and wouldn't leave her side.
Her youngest daughter (3 only last week) so far has completely ignored her! Maybe thinks she's just a visitor passing by!!
Glad to hear your daughter finally made it back - and through quarantine, despite the "re-infection" scare.

With the number of people who keep turning up positive while in quarantine (and especially those who had already had Covid) I'm starting to wonder if the Thai health authorities are using an overly-sensitive PCR test that's picking up on non-viable virus fragments still left in the person's system, as was apparently the case in South Korea with some of the earlier reports of re-infections.

My daughter's still trying to arrange to get back here. Latest wrinkle is that her Thai passport has expired and although she can theoretically travel here on it, the Thai Embassy says they have to issue her an emergency travel document. She's sent them the forms and is still waiting to hear back.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Thai researcher describes process and after effects of her COVID-19 vaccination
A person who is inoculated with COVID-19 vaccine can still become infected, so there is still a need to observe strict social distancing and wear face masks until the development of herd immunity, according to a Thai post-doctorate researcher at the University of Chicago.

The researcher, Dr. Siriruk Changrob, has received two doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine. She talked to Thai PBS, in an online interview, about her condition following vaccination and offered some advice.

She received the first injection about 20 days ago. She then showed up for the second injection, as appointed, and was asked by the nurse about any side effects from the first jab and whether she had tested positive for the virus in the preceding 90 days.

After the second injection, the nurse congratulated her for having received her two doses of the vaccine, as required, and attached an “I got my COVID-19 vaccine” sticker to her employment ID card, which might be necessary when travelling, said Dr. Siriruk.

She said she didn’t feel anything until about eight hours after the second injection, when she started to feel feverish and some pain at the injection site, adding that all her colleagues warned her that the post second injection symptoms would be more painful.

She explained that the Pfizer vaccine requires two doses, to achieve the desired efficacy, and the first and second injections must be at least 21 days apart.

She also recommended that anyone who is not sure that they can get the second injection, within the set timeframe, not get the first one.

She also said that anyone who requires daily medication to treat other ailments should consult their doctor before being vaccinated, to ensure that the efficacy of the vaccine will not be affected by that medication.

The general post-vaccination symptoms include a fever, headache, muscle pain and shivering, she said, adding that these are positive signs that the body is developing an immunity

Taking medication to prevent the onset of a fever after vaccination is not recommended, Dr. Siriruk said, adding that the vaccine only protects a person from developing symptoms and does not protect a person from becoming infected by the virus. As such, there remains a need to maintain social distancing, to wear face masks and to regularly wash hands, until 60% of the population have developed herd immunity.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thai-resea ... ccination/
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

The way it’s looking in Thailand, they won’t achieve herd immunity this year unless there’s a dramatic change in policy - something I don’t foresee!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

second injections must be at least 21 days apart.
Trials were carried out with the gap being UP TO 21 days. Recent evidence supports the gap being not much greater than that.
until 60% of the population have developed herd immunity.
60% if the population to have developed immunity giving indirect protection (herd immunity) to the rest of the population. Just words but put more accurately.

Most figures conclude that more than 60% immunity is required. It can be calculated as 1-(1/r0)
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

It seems that the odds of getting Covid-19 are the same with or without the vaccine and the only difference is, if you take the vaccine, you don't have any symptoms. In other words, you are sick and neither you nor anyone else knows it and you can still pass it on.

The best advice is to stay away from the "herd." Good advice at any time.

I've been avoiding "herds" for years, maybe that's why I never get sick.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I’m by no means an expert in this subject, but I’m fairly certain that the “experts” would state that even if you contacted Covid after being vaccinated, you would not become seriously ill, whereas without the vaccine you could become seriously ill or even die - I think I know what I’ll be doing!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Coronavirus (Covid-19) News

Post by oakdale160 »

I have been following Covid every day--All the Science and all the statistics, Then last week my oldest friend of all time and his wife were admitted to hospital and both died, Covid deaths. Now no longer is it just science and statistics , its really real.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Such sad news. There are tens of thousands of people who have been touched in the same way and still there are the 'deniers'!

Stay safe.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

A friend is currently bored in his ASQ hotel. He has posted the following photo of the ASQ rules, and is asking WTF will closing the toilet seat achieve? Do any of you clever guys who seem to know everything know why?
rules2.jpg
(223.75 KiB) Downloaded 800 times
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

Big Boy wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:38 pm A friend is currently bored in his ASQ hotel. He has posted the following photo of the ASQ rules, and is asking WTF will closing the toilet seat achieve? Do any of you clever guys who seem to know everything know why?

rules2.jpg
You have to stay in your room, why would you have to wear a mask all the time?

Avoid eating with other people, you are in a room on your own, not allowed out?

Not sure about the toilet lid, I have a feeling it used to be to keep snakes out, but not sure.

Some instructions the writer does not think.
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.