Blood pressure medication in Hua Hin

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
Big Boy

Re: Blood pressure medication in Hua Hin

Post by Big Boy »

First Floor Market Village. From Tesco walking towards Petchkasem, on your left you have the Tesco Food Court, the Bun and Bread Shop (don't know name), Watsons and Fascino - definitely worth a try in the first instance.
Championship Millwall - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 21
DTHH

Post by DTHH »

Our hotel nurse always recommends another Fasicino Branch, 62/1 Petchkasem Road, near the Night Market.
DTHH

Post by DTHH »

Kraka's Dad
Guru
Guru

Post by Kraka's Dad »

Thanks for the information
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

Post by GroveHillWanderer »

Just in case anyone was thinking of visiting the one in BlúPort, the last time I was in there they told me it would be closing by the end of March. Which is a shame as it was the closest to me and the one I've been using regularly since it opened.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Market Village is definitely open - daughter-in-law bought some meds for me this morning.

Points 48; Position 21
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

GroveHillWanderer wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:27 pm Just in case anyone was thinking of visiting the one in BlúPort, the last time I was in there they told me it would be closing by the end of March. Which is a shame as it was the closest to me and the one I've been using regularly since it opened.
It's still open, or was a couple of days ago. But stock is sparse. If it does shut, I hope that the one in MV or elsewhere will sell the same stock, One item I use I can only get from Bluport. I have always found that odd.
Talk is cheap
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I'm sure they would order it for you.

Points 48; Position 21
Kraka's Dad
Guru
Guru

Post by Kraka's Dad »

Big Boy wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:11 pm First Floor Market Village. From Tesco walking towards Petchkasem, on your left you have the Tesco Food Court, the Bun and Bread Shop (don't know name), Watsons and Fascino - definitely worth a try in the first instance.
Thank you so much. If I had gone to the hospital it would have cost about 8000 bht including the doctor
Going to Fascino it cost me 1700
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
Kraka's Dad
Guru
Guru

Post by Kraka's Dad »

caller wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:30 pm
Kraka's Dad wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:05 pm Bendroflumothazide diuretic
Valsarten and Doxasocin or something close as I have not got the boxes with me at the moment
Bendroflumothazide is not used here. Or so I was told. I used it in the UK and was prescribed Hydrochlorothiazide 25mg instead. I originally lived in Korat when moving here and my original GP, a friend of my other half, said this was fine and I checked with my nephew, a GP in the UK, and he agreed. And it was.

If a chemist or GP agrees, don't buy any, as I have loads and I no longer use them. It was discovered that the tabs I used them with were causing me gout! So I am now on a completely different medicine instead, You're welcome to mine, they expire 14.12.20.

Edit - just seen your asthmatic - me too.
I would like to take you up on your kind offer. I have PMd you
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Kraka's Dad wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:59 pm I have PMd you
Replied to.
Talk is cheap
PJG
Professional
Professional

Post by PJG »

Try the Pharmacy half way down the Night Market by the entrance to Chathai Market. The owner's two children work there and are trained Pharmacists. They stock a lot more than Fascino including medications that are normally only available on prescription. If not in stock will order in, I get my blood thinners there, the alternative being a hospital doctor visit for a prescription . Price is always reasonable.