What the Hell Bit Me?

Discussion on science, nature and technology across the globe.
Jack_Batty
Professional
Professional

What the Hell Bit Me?

Post by Jack_Batty »

I get mosquito bites often, as I’m sure everyone else does. Minor annoyances. But something got me on the underside of my forearm and it itches like crazy!!! The bump is slightly raised, pink, and about the size of a dime. The area around it was red for awhile but eventually went away. It’s not only the bump that itches, but the skin around it for about 1 1/2 inches. I noticed it when I woke up this morning. I don’t know if it happened in my sleep or when I was out on the veranda having cocktails last night. Any ideas? I want to take any necessary precautions to avoid getting bit by it again. I’m kinda miserable.
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Re: What the Hell Bit Me?

Post by NOKYAI »

My guess would be an ant!
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

No it is a spider.
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

What Bit Me? Spot These 11 Bug Bites

https://www.everydayhealth.com/skin-and ... bites.aspx
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Jack_Batty
Professional
Professional

Post by Jack_Batty »

Nereus wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:28 pm What Bit Me? Spot These 11 Bug Bites

https://www.everydayhealth.com/skin-and ... bites.aspx
That very first photo, of the mosquito bite on the woman’s stomach, looks like my bite. But I get mosquito bites often and they never usually look that large and raised. Maybe I was bitten by some type of strain that I’m allergic to, but just have been fortunate enough to have never encountered. Well, anyways, I’m much better now. Thanks for the information.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

You may well be right. When we lived in Bangkok I eventually stopped noticing mosquito bites. But then we'd go on a holiday somewhere else in Thailand, quite often to Hua Hin, and I would get bites like that woman's. We eventually moved here and I quickly stopped getting bites that swelled like that. There are plenty other things that bite and sting though.
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

Different types of mosquitoes cause different kind of swellings and itching. I noticed that years ago when I went to live in Chiang Mai. I had gotten used to the Hua Hin and Bangkok types, they hardly bothered me at all. However, their northern sisters caused me a lot of itching and the swellings remained for days.