Thai Chana app

Temporary sub-forum for all news, updates, developments and discussion on Coronavirus/Covid-19 in Hua Hin, Thailand and globally. Any and all topics on the outbreak will be moved into this forum for ease of information access.
PeteC

Re: Thai Chana app

Post by PeteC »

Mor Prom to transition from Covid to a full healthcare app

https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/technol ... thcare-app

Developed and evolved during the pandemic to be an all-purpose Covid-19 centre, the Mor Prom mobile app will now be transitioned into a new life as Thailand’s online health platform. The app was created as a Covid infection tracker, but quickly evolved into a source of coronavirus information, vaccine appointment scheduling and confirming, and a communication tool for the government to keep the public informed about the pandemic.

Now, in collaboration with private firms, the Ministry of Public Health aims to convert the Mor Prom app into a national digital health hub, with a host of new features. The new and expanded Mor Prom will move beyond Covid in an attempt to tie together the kingdom’s public health services, hospitals, doctors, and drug stores.

The ministry is developing 12 key new features in hopes of creating a cohesive and convenient healthcare system that links Thai people to health services and drug stores, expanding on the 15,000 already connected to the Mor Prom app.

One major feature of a lot of the government’s Covid-era digital launches was the lack of security, with customer and patient data being stored unencrypted, and many services crashing or being hacked at their launch. The National Cyber Security Agency and Electronic Transactions Development Agency have been tapped to develop robust security to follow the international standards for safety in handling online transactions and digital health information in hopes of avoiding future embarrassing security breaches.

Several of the new features have already been announced with the first ones being connected to Covid using the data Mor Prom has already been handling, scheduled to roll out in the next two months:

- Vaccine certificates will be able to be displayed in the app for use as proof of vaccination for travel and other purposes.
- Test results from PCR and ATKs will be stored and displayed in the Mor Prom app.
- Covid testing locations can be searched to find a local testing facility.
- A beacon system will be launched allowing people to check in to sites easily via the Mor Prom app.

More features are in the works with future services scheduled to launch soon including a chatbot, information resources about health policies, a digital health certificate display, and donation services for money and organs. Later updates envision the inclusion of health insurance policy details, scheduling appointments for healthcare, a medical history display, and telemedicine where medical professionals can use the Mor Prom app to meet and diagnose patients only.

SOURCE: National News Bureau of Thailand
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

IMHO Mor Phrom is one of the few Thai apps that works well. I hope they don't break it.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
buksida

Post by buksida »

Big Boy wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:23 am IMHO Mor Phrom is one of the few Thai apps that works well. I hope they don't break it.
Speak for yourself, the data on mine has changed 3 times since it was installed/set up - haven't used it once. :shock:
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

By Thai standards that is brilliant :laugh:

Points 51; Position 21
Scout
Professional
Professional

Post by Scout »

I’ve got 2 apps installed on my phone, Thai Chana and Mor Prom. I only ever used Thai Chana for scanning into stores, malls, restaurants, Makro, etc. I think that was the only functionality it provided. It seems to have stopped working a few weeks ago and many stores have now removed the QR code I previously scanned.

Mor Prom has many more features, it’s what I use to print my official Covid vaccination record. Just got a error code when trying to launch it, so it may have gone offline also.

Now I see posts about an app called Mor Chana, which I don’t have and don’t really know what functionality it provides. I was thinking that Mor Chana was the same app as Thai Chana but now I’m confused and don’t know if it’s a 3rd app or the same as Thai Chana.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Thai Chana was officially closed down a few weeks ago.

Mor Phrom is definitely working today - I've used it. It has given me an error previously, which I overcame by updating it.

Never heard of Mor Chana.

Points 51; Position 21
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

I think Mor Chana was launched about the same time as Thai Chana but had very little take up at first, primarily, I think, because it had more tracking capability as well as more functionality. It was this app that the early post-COVID tourists to Phuket and other quarantined tourists and returnees had to download and use.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

I noticed that the 3rd and 4th paragraphs of the article are based on "hopes."
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've thought hard about this, and developing the app to incorporate all sorts of new functionality is not the way to go.

Develop a new system from scratch, incorporating the existing functionality has a much better chance of success.

Points 51; Position 21
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Based on previous experience, the chances are that whether they start from scratch or modify an existing platform, they won’t achieve the objective!!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

No, but I doubt the original spec was designed to expand vastly + have numerous security features put in place. I would be surprised if the existing platform could handle such expansion. I'd expect such a system to be state of the art, and the current technology is already 3 years old.

Points 51; Position 21