Covid questions for the forum

Temporary sub-forum for all news, updates, developments and discussion on Coronavirus/Covid-19 in Hua Hin, Thailand and globally. Any and all topics on the outbreak will be moved into this forum for ease of information access.
ahandpatsy
Professional
Professional

Re: Covid questions for the forum

Post by ahandpatsy »

You say no chance and I understand from your perspective why but

The government are trumpeting the success of Phuket scheme (whether you believe it or not) also they saying that other resorts will open in August with a 7+7 scheme

I think there is a good chance that they may go for it whatever

I guess time will tell
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

The biggest stumbling block is getting locals vaccinated to open up to tourists and at the moment Hua Hin and the surrounding areas are way behind the 70% level deemed necessary. Whilst it’s possible there could be a big surge in vaccine availability, only a brave person would put a lot of money on it happening, but I sincerely hope it proves possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Dannie Boy wrote:The biggest stumbling block is getting locals vaccinated to open up to tourists and at the moment Hua Hin and the surrounding areas are way behind the 70% level deemed necessary. Whilst it’s possible there could be a big surge in vaccine availability, only a brave person would put a lot of money on it happening, but I sincerely hope it proves possible.

Forgive me... genuine question....who says 70% is the necessary number?

Sent from my M2007J20CT using Tapatalk

Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

thecolonel wrote:
Dannie Boy wrote:The biggest stumbling block is getting locals vaccinated to open up to tourists and at the moment Hua Hin and the surrounding areas are way behind the 70% level deemed necessary. Whilst it’s possible there could be a big surge in vaccine availability, only a brave person would put a lot of money on it happening, but I sincerely hope it proves possible.

Forgive me... genuine question....who says 70% is the necessary number?

Sent from my M2007J20CT using Tapatalk
It’s a number I’m sure I read on this Forum?

KhunLA
Guru
Guru

Post by KhunLA »

thecolonel wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:43 pmForgive me... genuine question....who says 70% is the necessary number?
Almost every news outlet has reported / quoted an organization and or official stating that number / 70%

If expat is 60+ or with health issues, you can register for vaccination, possibly get, depends what district, availability of, 'their policy', and possible / probable may get vaccinated. If teacher and school has enough pull, then can get vaccinated, especially in dark red zone.

Google is your friend.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

ahandpatsy wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:20 pm You say no chance and I understand from your perspective why but
It is because it is now against the law to spread bad news, even if it is true.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

The 70% figure came from here:
https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... n-on-oct-1

"The province is aiming to vaccinate 100% of workers in the tourism and services sector, and 70% of the general population of Hua Hin municipality by Sept 30, Mr Prompiriya said."
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

STEVE G wrote:The 70% figure came from here:

"The province is aiming to vaccinate 100% of workers in the tourism and services sector, and 70% of the general population of Hua Hin municipality by Sept 30, Mr Prompiriya said."
The article was written mid-July (before the latest lockdowns) but the tone is certainly quite specific about it happening as from 1st October. I still wouldn’t put a lot of money on it happening, but after all TIT and anything’s possible!!

hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

I've seen reports that 70% isn't enough where the delta variant is concerned.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

hhinner wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:46 pm I've seen reports that 70% isn't enough where the delta variant is concerned.
And the Lambda variant that has now reached Thailand.

This virus will continue to morph and it will take years and several different vaccines to contain it, that is if it can be contained.
It is a pharmaceutical companies dream come true; a disease that can't be cured but can be treated indefinitely.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Dannie Boy wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:46 pm
STEVE G wrote:The 70% figure came from here:

The article was written mid-July (before the latest lockdowns) but the tone is certainly quite specific about it happening as from 1st October. I still wouldn’t put a lot of money on it happening, but after all TIT and anything’s possible!!

There's even a website for it:
https://huahinrecharge.com/

There is some way to go, as you can see!
electricwarrior

Post by electricwarrior »

handdrummer wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:29 pm
hhinner wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:46 pm I've seen reports that 70% isn't enough where the delta variant is concerned.

This virus will continue to morph and it will take years and several different vaccines to contain it, that is if it can be contained.
It is a pharmaceutical companies dream come true; a disease that can't be cured but can be treated indefinitely.

Are you sure about that because I cant find any news story to confirm that?
Don't piss on my back and tell me it's raining.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

electricwarrior wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:50 pm

Even if it has, this article suggests that it is considered to be a strain of interest rather than concern.
https://theconversation.com/covid-lambd ... ous-163936
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Dannie Boy wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:39 pm
electricwarrior wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:50 pm

Even if it has, this article suggests that it is considered to be a strain of interest rather than concern.
https://theconversation.com/covid-lambd ... ous-163936
it seems that it is now in 29 countries and apparently hasn't yet reached Thailand.
ahandpatsy
Professional
Professional

Post by ahandpatsy »

joelle wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:47 pm
ahandpatsy wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:10 pm to see if hua hin goes sandbox on october 1
No chances
Funny how things change in the space of a month.