Effects of Covid-19 on land transportation

Temporary sub-forum for all news, updates, developments and discussion on Coronavirus/Covid-19 in Hua Hin, Thailand and globally. Any and all topics on the outbreak will be moved into this forum for ease of information access.
Hahuahin
Guru
Guru

Effects of Covid-19 on land transportation

Post by Hahuahin »

For a while ago I think seeing that buses from Bangkok etc.to provinces would resume operation from about 9-10. June (well some not allow foreigners :? ) Anyway I'm not going but the better half plan too due to some days off from work next week. She have tried to call 2-3 different companies the last days who depart Bangkok but also stop at Hua Hin bus station (in town) which all operate a kind of VIP 20-24 seat and she have found one company she find trustworthy and have used previously when visit here relatives in Phuket now and then.
If anyone have updated info about provincial buses we would be grateful to know.

Thank you in advance.
hahuahin :)
joelle
Legend
Legend

Re: Is the buses to provinces back on the roads?

Post by joelle »

Hahuahin wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:46 pm she have found one company she find trustworthy and have used previously
Sorry cannot give you an answer but could you be so kind as to give me the name of the trustworthy bus company please
Hahuahin
Guru
Guru

Re: Are the buses to provinces back on the roads?

Post by Hahuahin »

I actually do not know the name on the company and only see that kind of buses passing me if driving long distance and most of them seems like a lighted Christmas three from the outside for me. I merely ask this question on here behalf because she asked me but can ask here when she back home.
hahuahin
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

Hahuahin wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:38 pm I actually do not know the name on the company and only see that kind of buses passing me if driving long distance and most of them seems like a lighted Christmas three from the outside for me. I merely ask this question on here behalf because she asked me but can ask here when she back home.
hahuahin
Ok great thanks
Hahuahin
Guru
Guru

Post by Hahuahin »

joelle wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:37 pm
Hahuahin wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:38 pm I actually do not know the name on the company and only see that kind of buses passing me if driving long distance and most of them seems like a lighted Christmas three from the outside for me. I merely ask this question on here behalf because she asked me but can ask here when she back home.
hahuahin
Ok great thanks
Bus or bus company 999 :? was the answer :o
hahuahin
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

Hahuahin wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:54 am
joelle wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:37 pm
hahuahin
Ok great thanks
Bus or bus company 999 :? was the answer :o
hahuahin
:thanks: :thanks: I'll make a note of it
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Below is part of the Thai Air Asia flight suspension article.

...."Land transport is also being affected by the tighter Covid containment measures announced on Friday. The government has not banned interprovincial travel but is strongly recommending that people avoid it. Authorities have also set up road checkpoints at strategic spots in the capital area.

The state-run Transport Company has suspended operations on all southern bus routes, starting from 11pm Saturday until July 25, in a bid to reduce the spread of the coronavirus.

Operations on the northern, eastern and northeastern bus routes would continue, but services would be scaled down to just 13 routes a day, it said."
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
joelle
Legend
Legend

Re: Effects of Covid-19 on land transportation

Post by joelle »

The Transport Company Limited has announced they will cease all of their bus routes to the South from today till July 25.
North: 3 routes, 1 round trip per day
Northeastern/East: 10 routes, 1 round trip per day (except Bangkok-Saraburi, 5 round trips per day)
Attachments
received_519637426017451.jpeg
received_519637426017451.jpeg (74.96 KiB) Viewed 1572 times
buksida

Post by buksida »

Interprovincial bus services suspended
State-run Transport Company has suspended all bus services on the northern, northeastern, eastern and southern routes, except parcel deliveries, from July 21-Aug 2.

Company president Sanyalak Panwattanalikit announced the suspension on Tuesday, saying this was in compliance with the government announcement on July 17 that people should suspend or delay travel between provinces to help contain the spread of coronavirus disease.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... -suspended
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Thailightzone
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Thailightzone »

Reading this it seems the buses have ceased operation. Am I allowed to drive from Prachuap Khiri Khan to Chonburi (and return) to check on a rental property?
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Thailightzone wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:39 pm Reading this it seems the buses have ceased operation. Am I allowed to drive from Prachuap Khiri Khan to Chonburi (and return) to check on a rental property?
Chonburi is a dark red province and is in near lockdown and permission is, or will be, needed to enter the dark red zone starting at Samut Sakhon and then to cross other dark red provinces to get to Chonburi. Once in a dark red zone you will need permission to depart and quarantine rules come into play upon your return (if affected), at least.

On saying that, this was all announced on Monday and wasn't up and running yesterday morning when I set off to leave Bangkok at about 08.30! Best leave it a few weeks if I was you.
Talk is cheap
Thailightzone
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Thailightzone »

caller wrote: Chonburi is a dark red province and is in near lockdown and permission is, or will be, needed to enter the dark red zone starting at Samut Sakhon and then to cross other dark red provinces to get to Chonburi. Once in a dark red zone you will need permission to depart and quarantine rules come into play upon your return (if affected), at least.

On saying that, this was all announced on Monday and wasn't up and running yesterday morning when I set off to leave Bangkok at about 08.30! Best leave it a few weeks if I was you.

Based upon current trends my fear is things will be worse in a few weeks.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

This is the link to the English version of the form https://covid-19.in.th/en
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Transport Co suspends all interprovincial bus services

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40004101

The Transport Company will suspend all interprovincial bus services from Tuesday (August 3) in compliance with semi-lockdown restrictions imposed by the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA).

Transport Co president Sanyalux Panwattanalikit announced the suspension of services in the North, Northeast, East and South regions until the restrictions are lifted. The CCSA has extended the semi-lockdown travel restrictions in Dark Red provinces until August 31 in a bid to reduce soaring daily infections.

Passengers who bought tickets in advance can contact Transport Co ticket offices nationwide to receive a refund or postpone their trip until the suspension is lifted.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I was surprised by several things yesterday in relation to the restrictions. One of them was the number of inter-provincial mini-vans still on the road. I thought all inter-provincial transport had been stopped. Of course, they could have come from elsewhere in the province, terminating in Hua Hin.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance: