Flights to/from Hua Hin Airport & other domestic locations

Sub-forum for discussion on air travel, airports, and airlines.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Flights to/from Hua Hin Airport & other domestic locations

Post by Dannie Boy »

Another example of a short-sighted view, charge high airport fees and force the airlines out either directly because they won’t pay the inflated costs or they put the fares up and customers will boycott!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bigston
Professional
Professional

Post by bigston »

Staffed by numpties so the wages bill should be next to Zero
The authorities would be best to close it to us Plebeians, and just have it open to the so many private jets that wish to visit the Thai Riviera.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

I just checked a hypothetical round trip with Air Asia and was quoted $131, or about 4466 baht. As no-one has mentioned prices, is this seen as expensive?
Talk is cheap
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

caller wrote:I just checked a hypothetical round trip with Air Asia and was quoted $131, or about 4466 baht. As no-one has mentioned prices, is this seen as expensive?
In strict terms I’d say no, but it’s probably double what it used to be pre-Covid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

When I flew in November, my average cost per flight was 1,432฿, so yes, your price is considerably higher, but not as high as I was quoted a few weeks ago.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I know airlines sell cheapest tickets first and progressively more expensive tickets thereafter, but wouldn't they be better, on busy routes such as Chiang Mai, selling them all at the same price. I was quoted over 4K each way a couple of weeks ago, which abruptly changed my mind for me.

Points 48; Position 20
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Motyduke wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:58 am
bigston wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:58 am Well with 6 trips up there in the past 6 months and barely a spare seat, unlikely Air Asia would be pulling that route
if it was a Thai Airways route then it would have shut long ago
It seems that airport fees are huge and some other taxes damage the profitability of the route.
If anyone can follow Thai maths, the following shows how to calculate the air navigation charges. As with most things here, the published dates are several years old:

https://www.caat.or.th/wp-content/uploa ... rges10.pdf

https://aip.caat.or.th/2020-04-23-AIRAC ... en-GB.html

https://www.caat.or.th/wp-content/uploa ... arges5.pdf
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
craighuahin
Rookie
Rookie

Post by craighuahin »

Another glimmer of hope for the airport opening up to proper international flights. I do agree with their view of focusing on international routes - no point having a Phuket connection if I land in from Sydney and can't get a link to HH within hours. Runway upgrade again mentioned but not plans for 3000m lengthening. Any ideas when the Phoenix 5 year contract on the airport expires?

https://www.huahintoday.com/local-news/ ... this-year/
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Mr LaRoche said he was not able to explain why an A320 or 737 from Chiang Mai can land at the airport but are unable to from destinations such as Hong Kong or Singapore.
Is this a case of Thailand being the centre of the Universe, and upgrading to Thai standards, rather than International standards? After all, Thailand usually knows best. :run:

Points 48; Position 20
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Big Boy wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:34 am
Mr LaRoche said he was not able to explain why an A320 or 737 from Chiang Mai can land at the airport but are unable to from destinations such as Hong Kong or Singapore.
Is this a case of Thailand being the centre of the Universe, and upgrading to Thai standards, rather than International standards? After all, Thailand usually knows best. :run:
VTPH AD 2.20 LOCAL AERODROME REGULATIONS
Aerodrome services are specified only for Government owned aircraft, State enterprise aircraft, Airline’s scheduled flights and not be allowed to use as the alternate aerodrome

http://aip.caat.or.th/2020-01-30-AIRAC/ ... en-GB.html
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
craighuahin
Rookie
Rookie

Post by craighuahin »

This airport website breaks my heart, it could be so much more appealing not to mention the information is years out of date. Side note: I'm a prof. software developer and would almost consider creating an alternative site from scratch for free :)

http://www.huahin-airport.com/

I tried contacting Phoenix and also the company mentioned on the legal page (Asia IT Co. Ltd) to ask about plans wrt to the site, with no reply. If connecting & international flights are 'just around the corner' as per the latest news then surely the customer facing site of Hua Hin Airport would want to be fresh and ready to rollout asap, maybe this is happening but I can't get a response to find out :(
buksida

Post by buksida »

craighuahin wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 1:58 pm If connecting & international flights are 'just around the corner' as per the latest news then surely the customer facing site of Hua Hin Airport would want to be fresh and ready to rollout asap, maybe this is happening but I can't get a response to find out :(
That isn't the official Hua Hin Airport website.

Someone (a German by the looks of it) has bought the domain name and thrown some keyword stuffing on it to push traffic to their other websites. Seems to be affiliated with some dated Hua Hin info website designed a couple of decades ago.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
buksida

Post by buksida »

This looks like the official Hua Hin Airport website ... and it isnt much better! :duck:

https://minisite.airports.go.th/huahin/home
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

✈️ 𝗝𝘂𝗹𝘆 𝘁𝗼 𝗢𝗰𝘁𝗼𝗯𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗹𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝘀𝗰𝗵𝗲𝗱𝘂𝗹𝗲, 𝗛𝘂𝗮 𝗛𝗶𝗻 - 𝗖𝗵𝗶𝗮𝗻𝗴 𝗠𝗮𝗶

This is the current flight schedule for Air Asia flights between Hua Hin and Chiang Mai.

Flights between the two destinations will operate 4 times per week every Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.

Tickets can be purchased from www.airasia.com or by calling 032-520-169

Info from https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... tid=Nif5oz
Attachments
FB_IMG_1688103708707.jpg
FB_IMG_1688103708707.jpg (60.42 KiB) Viewed 947 times
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

joelle wrote:Image 𝗝𝘂𝗹𝘆 𝘁𝗼 𝗢𝗰𝘁𝗼𝗯𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗹𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝘀𝗰𝗵𝗲𝗱𝘂𝗹𝗲, 𝗛𝘂𝗮 𝗛𝗶𝗻 - 𝗖𝗵𝗶𝗮𝗻𝗴 𝗠𝗮𝗶

This is the current flight schedule for Air Asia flights between Hua Hin and Chiang Mai.

Flights between the two destinations will operate 4 times per week every Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.

Tickets can be purchased from www.airasia.com or by calling 032-520-169

Info from https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... tid=Nif5oz
Still no direct flight to Udon Thani then....Image

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk