Flights to/from Hua Hin Airport & other domestic locations

Sub-forum for discussion on air travel, airports, and airlines.
joelle
Legend
Legend

Re: Flights to/from Hua Hin Airport & other domestic locations

Post by joelle »

buksida wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:51 am
That HH <> KL flight was very handy when it ran.
:agree:
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Thai PM visits Hua Hin Airport and suggests it is upgraded to accommodate more flights!!

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/pm-wants-t ... n-airport/
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Petch Hua Hin - that sounds a bit better than the suggestion I read yesterday i.e. Hua Hina Diamond.

Yes Mr. Srettha, many of us want it, but it never happens.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

PR stunt.
Talk is cheap
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

Why wouldn't he want increased tourism into an are where his ( wife's) property empire has so many properties?
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
Chazz14
Professional
Professional

Post by Chazz14 »

I wonder if the PM owns properties next to Palm Hills Golf Club which will have to be demolished if the runway length is extended to 2.2 miles. Easy to check on Google Maps - I'll bet they haven't!
fft100
Professional
Professional

Post by fft100 »

Not sure why anyone thinks the runway needs to be extended. It is now 2000m long (extended about 20 years ago when flight plans to Hong Kong and Singapore were submitted - that is why there was the overseas flights terminal upstairs and posters of Singapore, Hong Kong etc down stairs).

That is long enough for most A320 or 737. Both of which can easily get to HK (1800km). or SGP or even further. Range of a 180 seat 737-800 is over 3,000 miles (5,000 km).

HH is never going to get anything bigger. Doesn't need it. The size of terminal, apron etc etc to handle multiple 777's would require knocking down everything and starting again.

If really required, there is probably 300-350m of space that could be used for runway extension before reaching palm hills houses. Might reduce house prices on the east side of the course !

Perhaps the govt and local authority should prioritise water first before encouraging more people to come here.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

I no longer have anything to do with the place, but I believe that the width was the problem, which has also been retified. There was also some talk about the apron strength, which may not have been upgraded.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

^The other major problem is that Suvarnabhumi is comparatively near. It's hard to be successful with an airport that's only a three hour drive away from a large established one.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

STEVE G wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 12:54 am ^The other major problem is that Suvarnabhumi is comparatively near. It's hard to be successful with an airport that's only a three hour drive away from a large established one.
But they cater for completely different markets so I’m sure that’s not the stumbling block. One of the biggest challenges is that there may not be enough customers wanting to visit Hua Hin or those living in the area wanting to fly to the available destinations. From what has been said, KL was fairly popular but I doubt it would support say half a dozen similar destinations?